AlexisDuprey JG Rock Songbook Studies (Songs 1-10 of 50) latest - Should I Stay or Should I go added 9 March

Thanks Adrian!

Really good Alexis. You certainly had the ZZ vibe going on there!

1 Like

Thanks Gordon, if I can channel their vibe even a little I feel like I was successful haha.

That was very groovy and well done alexis! Nice rhythm playing, you didnt miss a beat from what i could tell! Keep it up!

1 Like

Thanks Byron!

Your welcome! How long you been learning?

1 Like

Great job! :+1: My hand is cramping just watching that. :smiley:

1 Like

@Bytron08 I’ve played every single day since the day I got my guitar Jan 6th, so about ~8 months.

@suzieq for the first week I couldn’t get through the whole song without my hand muscles screaming at me, lol.

1 Like

Awesome playing Alexis, sounding great. Love what you did with the tones too. Great rhythm and timing.

I noticed you were hybrid picking - I haven’t tried that yet! How do you find it, have you been doing it for a while because you didn’t mention it in the what I learned section?

1 Like

Whoops! That’s was absolutely new to me so I’ll edit my post and add it. Like most things with guitar it felt impossible at first, but I switched from a medium pick to a T sized pick which helped a little. It was especially difficult because the song is ~162 BPM. After a while I got used to it and realized that all you need is hit the strings a little with both the pick and fingers to sound good.

Side note: The first thing I did after recording it is cut my nails, I hate having my nails long, but I’m not so good finger picking without it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Very nice, you’ve got the tones very well and timing is pretty decent; excellent! :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks Darrell! Yeah, the timing/rhythm is easily the hardest part of the song. 8th note rests at 162 bpm are subtle but sound really good if hit right. I got mostly there with this one, but I’m def keep this in my repertoire to work on.

Hi Alexis,
Great music and you have made a nice music sound, perfect as far as I’m concerned :clap: :sunglasses: :bouquet:,
Greetings,…

1 Like

Thanks Rogier!

You’ve nailed another one Alexis, really well done.

I’m really looking forward to other ones that are to come.

You’re killing it mate! I’ve just read about your plan to do the entire song book and there seems to be some really nice song choices coming up on this first list of 15.
Looking forward to seeing your covers of those. Keep it up!

@SgtColon @Dro_1 Thanks guys!

Thats impressive good job!

1 Like

Thanks Byron, I’ll give Justin’s teaching all the credit. Without this website I’d surely have quit about a week in like the first time I tried to learn guitar when I was a teenager.

Sure I’d save a ton of money on all the guitars/accessories I’ve bought since then but I’d be having considerably less fun. :slight_smile:

So true!