August 2024, Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie), Man Of The World (Peter Green), Major Pentatonic Blues Study

:clap::clap::clap: Peter.

That iconic opening riff took me straight back to walking past Green’s Playhouse (Glasgow), May 1973, on my way home from school. I’d just turned 15, and unsurprisingly was not allowed to go to the Ziggy concert that day … :unamused: … imho DB’s best era.

You pretty much nailed it, Peter.; a super performance, great sound… very enjoyable … :heart_hands:

Thanks for sharing … :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks @Elixir1253 and so glad you liked it and it pricked your memory. I purposely tried to nail the live vibe and Mick Ronson’s awesome live tone. You are the same vintage as me; I was 16 in 1973. My sister was a massive Bowie fan and we got to see him later together on the Serious Moonlight tour. I do agree that the Mick Ronson era was his best though my sister had his earlier back-catalogue (pre-Ziggy) and that too was pretty good and played throughout the house 24/7. As it was my sister’s thing I was not into it straight away but came to it later from the Station to Station album. Having this helps a lot:

When I was 15 I was already working fulltime (in Germany) so outside parental control. Saw some awesome bands back then…