Back in black - AC/DC (cover)

So well done! This is one of my dreams songs that I will get to one day. It’s really motivational seeing others tackle it.

1 Like

Great cover, rocking. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice work Nate.

1 Like

Class act for just a couple of years in, Nate-
Now get on eBay and order one of them schoolboy uniforms so you can strut your stuff! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Very nicely done.

1 Like

That was pretty awesome, Nate.

Even knowing that time in years is misleading, I think that you have achieved an impressive, inspirational level of proficiency for 3 years of learning.

Are you planning to learn each song on the album?

Irrespective, look forward to watching and hearing you rock more.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words David.
I’m so happy to be part of this lovely community!

Yes Yes :star_struck: Can’t decide if I want to do “Hells Bells” or “You shook me” next.

1 Like

What an awesome project to help focus your learning, Nate. Look forward to the next track.

:thinking: if uncertain, why not learn them in the album track sequence?

Rockin’, Nate! I can see you are having fun with this. :sunglasses: :guitar:

1 Like

Great stuff Nate, excellent performance!
Keep rocking :metal::metal::metal:

1 Like

Wow,
I would say you nailed this pretty stinking good. That is a compliment by the way. I love the tone and and play. Very good stuff! The thumb over the top is nice, great long looking fingers there. Nice solo too!

Good to see you got a post up and it rocks!

All the best and keep on rock’n,
LB

1 Like

Awesome! :grinning: I love the smile / grin that breaks out at 2:42! :smiley: Love this album as well and looking forward to hearing more!

1 Like

Lovely stuff Nate. Super tones and timing. Well done.

1 Like

That sounded great Nate - loved it. I hope to work on the rhythm to this later in the year. Your rhythm sounded really tight which I think is the key for AC/DC riffs.
Well done on the solo too; I know that will be beyond my level at the moment but something for me to aspire to. Thanks for sharing.
Rock on!
Steve

1 Like

haha :rofl:. That’s because I missed that B5 right before G5. I find those A5-B5-A5 changes pretty difficult and still can’t play them perfect.
I’m actively trying to turn frustrations into laughter which I find very important in this journey.

I think the mental aspects are crucial and often overlooked by a lot of teachers/students. Justin talks a lot about this stuff and that’s another reason why I think he is the best teacher out there.

1 Like

Thank you!

If you made it to Intermediate Foundation classes, you’ll see that each module has “Ear Training Exercises” in there you’ll find Rhythmic Dictation Exercises. Those are very helpful.

Additionally I’d highly recommend Metal Rhythm Guitar Vol. 1 by Troy Stetina. Even if you are not into metal music, I found that book very helpful to improve sense of rhythm, playing power chords and getting the idea of syncopation.

That was wonderful Nate. You are really inspiring :star_struck: .

Thanks for those pointers. I’ll definitely take a look.
Cheers!
Steve

That was great! I appreciate watching your hands curl around and reach for those chords because it feels really awkward for me as a beginner. :+1: :smiley:

1 Like

That was epically great, I really need to learn some cool stuff like this one. Or You Shook Me, I’d be happy to play that one too lol