Beginner Grade 1 Time to completion

For me it was about 6 months also. However I do believe you really can’t go to slow but you could move to fast.

1 Like

I think I did grade 1 in around 2 months, maybe a bit longer.

Depends how much practice you do though, and how quickly you pick things up. Make sure you pass all the graduation requirements before moving on.

2 Likes

Its not a race.

If you work, have a family etc you are not going to put in the same amount of hours as a teenager can etc.

1 Like

It takes however long it takes…
Don’t sweat over time…
Sweat over technique & retention.

I did Grade 1 twice & am now doing Grade 2 for the 2nd time @ 2 years with Justin.
What’s cool is when people recognize what you’re playing or ask if you know a song & you can actually play it (easy chords & strumming maybe…) from memory!!!
Good luck & keep it fun!!!

Tod

3 Likes

@DSC1755 You have a lot of good answers and I can’t give you a definitive answer because I’ve been an open chord strummer for many years before I started Justin’s classic course. But even when I started again with the new Grade 1, I still spent a couple of months on the lessons and I’m still continuing to learn new songs at the Grade 1 level. Give yourself time to learn a lot of songs at the Grade 1 level, especially in the website song lessons. If you have fun playing songs, you will also be improving your chord changing skills.

1 Like