Beginner's safe space

Thank you. Mindset is so important when learning guitar. In the past I’d have been looking at the faults and all of the stuff that I can’t play but now, as you say, I’m really proud that I’ve got as far as I have and it inspires me to see what the rest of 2023 brings :blush:

3 Likes

Hello. I have been a member for a while but haven’t posted! I’ve played guitar on and off for a few years but always giving up after a couple of months then picking back up months later. I picked it back up a week ago and really going to try to not give us this time! I have never posted a recording of me singing or playing guitar but I think it will be good to get some feedback and maybe some accountability. Thanks everyone :slight_smile: eeee scary!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ntlK31rKM5vn4rMqwreXIESrm764KJVS/view?usp=sharing

[ mod edit - @Chiara93 your link is broken / the file no longer exists. If you send the a new URL I can edit it in - Richard _close2u ]

7 Likes

Hi Chiara,
:partying_face: :sunglasses: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The only criticism is that it is so short … I would have loved to hear more about this ,very lovely … and of course also wanted to see it. :blush:
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun,
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Thanks Roger!! Ok maybe over the next week or 2 I will practice at some confidence and take a video and play a bit longer, something to work towards! :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face: Take care

1 Like

Hello Chiara, this was lovely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. You have a beautiful voice, and also your playing was really nice. Lots to like :smiley:.
The only thing I’d like to suggest, is to place your recording device a bit differently, so that we can hear your guitar a bit better (I think this time it was a bit low in volume :thinking:).
I’m looking forward to hearing more from you :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Hi Chiara, I liked this very much.
I practiced this one, too, and I know that it is really difficult to play and sing along. Love your voice, too :slight_smile:
Keep going , would be nice to hear more from you!!

1 Like

Nice debut :+1: well done

2 Likes

Should be Nobodyy leaves a Girl like that
Nobody Leaves A Girl Like That - with Old Faithful

As promised :roll_eyes: What’s Up - 4 Non Blonds

Thought I’d have a look at Last Christmas - WHAM! - Old Faithful again but needs re-recording due to video jump :pleading_face:

13 Likes

Fabulous posts Rachel! Super rock steady strumming with old faithful on Home Town Girl and Last Christmas and spot on pattern with What’s Up. Changes clean and timed nicely, plenty to be happy with all around, bravo! :+1: :clap:

2 Likes

Thank you. :slight_smile:
Rachel.

1 Like

Sounding really good Rachel. Apart from the playing and tone, I think you nailed the balance between guitar and BT.

I think next time round post up in AVOYP as your own Topic.

Keep on rocking and rolling!

2 Likes

Hi Rachel,
What the boys above say :sunglasses: :clap:…and fly girl fly :smiley: :sunglasses:
Greetings…

2 Likes

Thanks Nicole! :smiley: I will definitely take that on board for next time, I also have not grasped using a pick yet which is probably causing my guitar to be low in volume too, I’ll keep practicing :slight_smile:

That’s the same here :smiley: . I’m only playing with my fingers (no pick so far). And yes, that’s a reason for the lower volume.

Great work Rachel. :+1:
The strumming/ rhythm skills are looking really good, along with solid, clean chord changes. Well done.

Cheers, Shane

2 Likes

Ooh, off to a grown ups room :rofl:

Thanks all :slight_smile:

Rachel

2 Likes

Hello Chiara and welcome to our community. :slight_smile: Also, congratulations on your first AVOYP posting. That was great. Nice playing and singing. Looking forward to other recordings from you.

Three very good videos there Rachael. Your playing is great. You look very relaxed in your strumming and the chord changes sound nice and clean. Well done.

2 Likes

Thts good to know, I’ve done the Strumming SOS 1 for 11 weeks, maybe time to look into dynamics and possible get a better feel to upgrade my strumming. ?

Rachel.

2 Likes

Yes, something to start. Get into those good habits early.

2 Likes