Big hello from Belgrade 44 Y.O ex basketball learning guitar!

Big smile from here :smile: I have no idea what will be in :parasol_on_ground::sun_with_face::parasol_on_ground: But thanks for the invitation.

I’m sure @DavidP or a different moderator can edit out the link if it’s not okay.

That was at the end of October I guess? Hmm … l wasn’t the guitar meant for giants? :astonished:

That’s the really distinguishing factor in this community… The idea of being, welcoming, helping and giving back. And after the amazing support I received at the end of December, when I was so scared and stressed (search the forum with “too lazy to die” if you are interested, don’t want to put the link here, since someone might think that something bad has happened again (and it hasn’t), I feel that there is a lot that I want to give back. I don’t have deep knowledge of music theory, I’m only a bit more than a bloody beginner at guitar - but that’s what I can do: I can read posts and try to give - hopefully - positive input as much as I can :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Barcelona was just now in January. Fantastic city to break winter on 2. Back on that F major.

1 Like

Welcome Ivan.
Don’t rush too much in the beginning, there is a great value in properly consolidating things. Basketball probably made you hands and fingers stronger than average and long fingers are always beneficial, so I would say you have a head start comparing to many. Just keep your motivation and set expectation properly. This is a proper marathon.

1 Like

No. I was referring to this :smiley:

I’ve just checked WhatsApp, October 31 , first snow in Finland this season…

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I meant. Now something like two months or so… then the snow should have finally melted away entirely :joy:

1 Like

Hi Ivan, welcome. Good you started learning how to play guitar that you always wanted to do. Don’t worry about the guitar looking like a ukulele. The important is the sound you can get from it. Everyone has different challenges playing guitar. I had also nylon string guitars when I lived in my home country. On a non musical side I have an aunt that was part of the national basketball team of Colombia in the sixties and seventies. I don’t remember her height but I think she’s no more than 1.70m tall. It looks that she was very agile and effective in the net. She sadly missed the FIBA World Cup for Women that Colombia hosted in 1975 due a knee meniscus injury. That kind of injury as far as I know is currently managed in a very different way that was back then. She would have faced Uljana Semjonova (2.13m) on the first of 6 defeats Colombia had in that tournament. Should have she played, that 34-92 defeat against Soviet Union could have been less horrible. Currently I’m not all into video games. I remember one staycation (stay at home vacation) I had that spent a good chunck of it playing a computer game that was preinstalled in my brewed PC. At the end I got more satisfaction from one day I went to a pool that finishing all the levels of the game. That vacation should have more pool and less computer but you only live once. Have fun.

Thank you so much on your kind welcome. I have interested things to share with you. My Lara showed interes in guitar so I didn’t lose time. I added something nice to partner my Yamaha C40.

It would be on her to explore those rock / electric sounds do to this Gewa VGS Eruption Classix feels like a toy in my hands :slight_smile:
I could not even play some open shapes like A, D etc.

1 Like

Hi Ivan. Good you have an electric now. As you said it’s good for exploring sounds and although some rock songs can be played acoustic, some sound much better with an electric. Yes, the electric has a much narrower neck than a nylon string, but I would think that playing power chords (module 12) could be more forgiving with the position of the fingers than playing open chords, as you could do the power chords with two fingers instead of three. I am not as tall as you but my stratocaster style Yamaha electric feels small compared to my acoustic and I can easily end playing in the neck instead of in front of the pickups.

1 Like