BobW72 - October / November 2022 - Tom Petty, Finn Brothers, Chris Stapleton, Jason Isbell

I don’t know this song, but really enjoyed it. Lovely loose feel. Great vocals with a great guitar.

1 Like

Thanks @saturno , very kind. I think we have a similar approach as I tend to follow the songs primarily. I start with songs I enjoy and filter it through what I can do.

1 Like

Really nice Bob, getting nice clean and consistent tone with the stuck 3 - 4’s there. Nice song, not one I know at all but seemed to suit you very well. Bravo :+1: :clap:

1 Like

Thanks @Notter, that’s great encouragement :+1:

1 Like

Really good Bob, nicely played and sung. Well done.

1 Like

New one on me Bob but you’re certainly gaving it some justice. Good mix balance wise. Solid playing and the song suited your vocals really well. Great job. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks so much @sairfingers and @TheMadman_tobyjenner. I think the balance of the vocals with the guitar was improved from before, it’s great to hear that from yourselves.

1 Like

That was some great singing and playing Bob. Nice changes on those stuck chords. Tempo kept really well and you were coming through loud and proud on your vocal.

1 Like

That was great Bob. I agree with the other comments. Nice steady playing and excellent vocals.

1 Like

Many thanks @TheCluelessLuthier and @SgtColon :+1:

Hello, hope everyone is well. This is my attempt at Children of Children by Jason Isbell from the album ‘Something More Than Free’. This is a great song I enjoy playing that incorporates sus chords. I recorded this at the same time as my last posting (Broken Halo’s) but just haven’t got round to posting it until now.

The song concerns Jason and his sister being born when their parents were only 17 and it seems feeling almost guilty about it. So they were in his view Children of Children (as I understand it). He’s a great songwriter and I love the line “You were riding on your mother’s hip, she was shorter than the corn” so descriptive. He’s also a superb guitar player and I recommend checking out live versions of this for the excellent slide guitar solo. I did not attempt that! strumming and singing steadily is enough challenge for me.

Hope you like it and comments welcome.

3 Likes

That was really good Bob. A new song for me. Your playing was spot on and vocals were also really good. Keep it up!

1 Like

Hi Bob.
I have done a little editing on your AVOYP posts and placed them together with a link to all in post #1.
You should have editor access to post #1 also.
Because your latest upload was recorded at the same time as the previous, I thought for continuity of tracking progress etc. they belonged together.
Cheers
Richard

1 Like

Very nice song Bob not known to me too but your performance was really touching and nice!

1 Like

Hi Bob,
Wow,…
Your strumming arm should have some" smoothly",…although I think it already sounds good,…But your voice :clap: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :clap:,…Oooo, there’s something in it that I haven’t heard anywhere yet here and I really think it’s fantastic,outstanding(?)… if you manage to develop that further, I wouldn’t be surprised if it would become a biggie :blush:,… :sunglasses: :clap:
(I’ve praised your voice before, so happy it’s not a " one day fly") :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Thanks Richard. I hope I haven’t posted it in the wrong place or is this just some routine organising that you do? I can see the sense of it as all my postings and replies are together.

When I post my next one should I just use reply after the last post on this thread or continue with ‘New Topic’?

Thank you.

Sorry Richard I should have put @Richard_close2u so you know I have replied.

1 Like

Thanks @Eddie_09, that’s very kind.

Many Thanks @adi_mrok :+1:

Thank you so much @roger_holland. I am trying to remember just to strum from the wrist rather than the whole arm at certain times as I think it allows a bit more finesse.

Such kind words on the voice. I think I’ve got a better set up with mic placement and settings now to let it be heard. Many Thanks for the encouragement.

1 Like