BobW72 - October / November 2022 - Tom Petty, Finn Brothers, Chris Stapleton, Jason Isbell

Oh yes! The song title brought me here. I play this too and still working on improving it, but still having a hard time staying on tempo with the Bm Chord. I love Chris Stapleton. (He very recently won the CMA Award for Vocalist of the Year). Anyway, you played and sang very nice. Nice setup you have too.

1 Like

Thanks @Traveler. I am so jealous you’ve seen him 3 times, I don’t think he’s put a foot wrong. I think he was a songwriter in Nashville before, is that right?

1 Like

It took him a long while to break through! @BobW72 i recommend checking out stuff from his early days with a band called “The Steeldrivers”.

1 Like

Thanks @DavidP good to hear I’m on track. There wasn’t much by way of instructions with the Blue Yeti so I had to watch a couple of videos on YT and researching vocal mics realised they are often Dynamic mics and are usually cardioid only. So for anyone else with a Yeti I would recommend the cardioid mode with gain about 1/3rd and be about 6" away.

May post a couple more videos for feedback before digging into Beginner 3

1 Like

Thanks @pkboo3 keep practicing it, hopefully you can post it here if you’re happy with it it. You’ll get there. I’m still trying to get the F chord right so any kind of B is too far right now.

Thanks @Traveler will do :+1:

1 Like

Hi Bob
That was a really enjoyable listen, you sure can carry a tune.

Many thanks @Will_E_Vander for your kind words. So much encouragement on here. I would say to anyone thinking of posting just go for it.

Hi Bob,

Never heard this before - sounded great.
Your vocal is definitely up front now (if that was the previous issue you mention).
Thought you had a really nice quality to your voice.

Digger

1 Like

That was great Bob. Nicely played and your vocals were spot on and really suited the song. Great job!

1 Like

Thanks @Digger72 and @Eddie_09 Very much appreciated.

1 Like

I don’t know this song, but really enjoyed it. Lovely loose feel. Great vocals with a great guitar.

1 Like

Thanks @saturno , very kind. I think we have a similar approach as I tend to follow the songs primarily. I start with songs I enjoy and filter it through what I can do.

1 Like

Really nice Bob, getting nice clean and consistent tone with the stuck 3 - 4’s there. Nice song, not one I know at all but seemed to suit you very well. Bravo :+1: :clap:

1 Like

Thanks @Notter, that’s great encouragement :+1:

1 Like

Really good Bob, nicely played and sung. Well done.

1 Like

New one on me Bob but you’re certainly gaving it some justice. Good mix balance wise. Solid playing and the song suited your vocals really well. Great job. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks so much @sairfingers and @TheMadman_tobyjenner. I think the balance of the vocals with the guitar was improved from before, it’s great to hear that from yourselves.

1 Like

That was some great singing and playing Bob. Nice changes on those stuck chords. Tempo kept really well and you were coming through loud and proud on your vocal.

1 Like

That was great Bob. I agree with the other comments. Nice steady playing and excellent vocals.

1 Like