Bon Jovi - Santa Fe (Acoustic)

So, after These Days, I considered input regarding continuous strumming, and decided to go with that in a song, which does not have sus chords in it. Though, I don’t know about the strumming pattern, because I did adjust it to the way I’d sing the song (mind you, this is not a vocal version, just instrumental), so I chose a simple DDDU strumming pattern for each chord, just to keep it simple. Though, maybe, should have gone with DDDDU, since the song is 4/4 time, but, eh. Anyways, in my opinion, the strumming is better than in These Days song, though, I’m on a fence with the strumming pattern, have no idea whether I’ve chosen it correctly or not. But I personally like the melody (though the original song is waaaaaaaaaay different) that I got out from it.

As always, Sound Cloud link:

1 Like

You’re making steady progress Aurimas and that’s the way to improve in all ways.

1 Like

Nice strumming, Aurimas.

1 Like

Sounding smooth and steady on the strumming, Aurimas, and chords and changes also seemed clean and consistent. Well done, Keep on keeping on!

1 Like

Great job on the song.You have a good consistent strumming pattern. Keep it up!

1 Like

That is coming along nicely. The strumming and chords changes are a lot smoother in this one.

1 Like

I was going to create another topic, but I decided against it. So, I decided to add vocals this time to the song and film it again. For my amateurish ears, since I actually decided to “sing” lounder, this is a bit better than These Days vocal wise. Regarding strumming, I tried to keep it consistently, but since I did this actually in one take, I think while reviewing it I saw where I changed the beats in a bar a bit in two places (sometimes three beats, sometimes five instead of four), but I guess I did that subconsciously to finish-up the note I was “singing”. Also, mumbled-up a couple of lines in the end of second verse “bad man bad” :smiley: And viewing myself in video, that reminds me, damn, I really have to go to a hair-dresser these days… :smiley:

Well done, Aurimas, making good progress. You are right, the vocal much louder in this recording … rare to say I’d like the guitar a little louder :grin: