Bonjour - I am Attila from Cheticamp Cape Breton

I picked up the guitar for the first time since I was a teenager (a long time ago) about 6 months ago. At the time was not all that serious and did not learn much. So far I have stuck with it and making progress.

My wife and I moved to Cape Breton last summer. For my wife a homecoming, me a new adventure. The moniker for our county (Inverness) in Cape Breton is “The Musical Coast”. The likes of Ashley McIsaac, Buddy McMaster, Natalie McMaster, all the Rankin family and many more all hail from this area. Some people say it is easy to recognize an audience of Cape Bretoners as music is in their blood. I figured that I had better learn an instrument if I was to blend in easily to my new surroundings.

So here I am, trying to get my chord changes to at least 30 to move on. Really enjoying the program. Awesome content and really well organized. Thank you.

Attila

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum Attila from another Canadian.

1 Like

Welcome to the community Attila… Enjoy the journey!!!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Attila.

At first glance I thought you may be near my neck of the woods, being just over the border from Brittany in Normandy. Rick’s comment lead to my digging deeper and the only alignment with Brittany France is a longitudes one !! That looks pretty remote and exposed but hey at least your on the “west coast” :rofl: Sounds like a strong musical area and great you are looking to be part of it. Shout up here when ever you need help. There’s a few folks around who know what they are talking about !

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Greetings from Halifax, Attila!

I used to fly hang gliders in Cape Breton, and have been to Cheticamp several times. Lovely spot!

There are a few of us Justinheads here in Nova Scotia, though quite broadly dispersed…makes getting together to jam pretty difficult.

1 Like

Hi Attila, welcome to the community!

1 Like

Hello Attila, and a warm welcome to the community :hugs:.
I wish you lots of fun along your guitar journey, and if you need some advice, feedback, or motivational words, don’t hesitate to let us know :smiley:.

1 Like

Great stuff, that’s where I started. And then learned my first 3 chord song. Such fun. Welcome to the community.

1 Like

Hi Attila
Nice to meet you!
Welcome :slight_smile:

welcome……never heard of any of the musicians you mentioned :person_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Hey! Welcome to the community. I hope you enjoy it here! :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Attila, welcome to this community. I am sure you’ll find it as welcoming as your wife’s hometown! It also sounds like you’ll have plenty of opportunity to bring into practice what you will learn here from JG and this community.

1 Like

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Looking forward to participating in the community.

1 Like

Hi Attila,
Welcome and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hello and welcome Attila

Cate from Oz

1 Like

Welcome to the community Attila from another Maritimer. Like you, moving out to NB was a spousal homecoming and a new adventure for me. You have a great environment for learning guitar, not only the fantastic virtual community here but also the very musical “in-person” community of Cape Breton.

Glen

1 Like

Welcome to the Community - have fun!

1 Like

Hello Atilla and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Sounds like a great place to live.

1 Like

Welcome! I genuinely feel the 1 minute chord change exercises Justing recommends accelerated the beginning of my guitar journey. Hope you can get into a good grove soon!

Hi Attila, Welcome onboard and all the best on your journey.

A

1 Like