Brian Larsen - November 2022 - You Got Lucky (Tom Petty) + Party Girl (U2)

I choose almost anyone over U2. :smiley:

That was really nicely done Brian. I can’t be simple to miss out stums on the 8th note strumming when we learn it’s the pumping strum. I bet it made the singing super difficult but like a true pro you carried it off perfectly.

3 Likes

You got me on this one Brian!
Never heard it or of it. But I liked it. It has a nice vibe to it, via the way you played it. Good job on vox too!

Now for my request… How about 5 Beatles tunes? Some of the old stuff would do… LOL - I could not resist asking! :slight_smile:

All the best,
LB

1 Like

That was terrific Brian I really enjoyed it. I’m not a U2 fan so don’t know the song but your rhythmic play and your vocal were great and like the title of the song that one would go down well at a party. You looked relaxed and confident as ever as you played all those barre chords. Super stuff mate.

1 Like

Looking at all this wonderful feedback on this request my friend are you sure you don’t want me to make another request. :wink:

I had to have another listen to this one and it’s much better than that one you did for rock n roll rogier :smirk:

Though I’m surprised I was able to pick a song that no one on here knew. Maybe there’s a bit of Larsen somewhere up in my family tree :thinking:

1 Like

Hadn’t heard this one before but have to say I really enjoyed it, you make it look so easy. :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

1 Like

@adi_mrok Thanks Ade :smiley:
That ‘reggae vibe’ comes from omitting the first downstrum, I think.
Plays havoc with the phrasing :roll_eyes:

@docdanguitarman Well thank you kindly, Sir, and welcome aboard.
I have listened to and enjoyed your offerings, but not got around to commenting yet. On my to do list. Keep it up.

@SgtColon Like most things, anything you’re not yet able to do seems impossible.
Anything we have mastered… meh! :rofl:

@LBro Thanks for the listen and comments, Brother!
Not so much for the suggestion.
Now that you mention it, I’m surprised that I have never learned a Beatles song, despite having grown up on them and living on Merseyside :thinking:
One day perhaps…

@sairfingers If you ever see me reaching for a guitar at a party, you can probably assume that I’ve fallen off the wagon and am no longer thinking clearly… :rofl:
In fact, I’m trying to recall when I was last at a party. Sigh…

The Vikings travelled far and wide, planting more than crops…
I like to believe there’s a little Larsen in :rofl:

@Nancy15 Thanks for the listen and comment, Nancy :smiley:
I know I’m not alone in only posting the lucky takes…
You should see the cuttings in my recycle bin :rofl:

1 Like

Hi Brian and @Richard_close2u
Ooooo the day you knew was coming Richard :joy:and now you’re working like :sweat: :laughing: and here’s a cooling drink of your choice :tropical_drink: :beer: :wine_glass: :beverage_box: … Now your topic count flying down later you can go “wild” again Brian :sunglasses:
Greetings :innocent:

3 Likes

I just was out walking the dog. Now I’m taking a quick coffee brake and see there are 6 notifications on my icon…Richard moved Brian Larsen, Richard moved Brian Larsen, Richard…, did I really comment so often in your threads? Switched to the Latest category: Brian Larsen, Brian Larsen, Brian Larsen… :joy: :joy: For somebody who wanted to be a little less present… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Hi Andrea, :laughing:
I’m not going to tell you how many notifications I got :roll_eyes: … but maybe I should start looking for a hobby??? maybe a little more with guitar sounds nice to me :smirk:…By ,I’m going to practice a song again now… there are 11 tabs with songs open here :grimacing:
Greetings… :hatching_chick:

2 Likes

@roger_holland Haha, the dude’s running around after me with his pooper-scooper, trying to keep the neighbourhood tidy :flushed:
Goodness, when I saw the flurry of activity, it only confirmed that I was clogging up the place beyond the reasonable :rofl:

@Helen0609 Just imagine what my notifications were doing! :roll_eyes: :laughing:
However, every single one of your comments (and some of Roger’s) were very much appreciated :kissing_heart:
(ps this ‘learning’ business isn’t going as fast as I remembered/expected… :thinking:)

2 Likes

You are very welcome to take a brake from your new practice schedule and to leave some more of your humorous and intelligent comments here in the community. Really appreciated! @roger_holland would miss the daily battle for sure…
So, I’m starting my practice session now. Have fun and enjoy playing!

2 Likes