Can a strap be too soft ?"

So, I have a new strap for my guitar and my first thought is, Is it too soft given the weight of the Guitar is over 9lb. I can flex this strap completely in half with my little finger and thumb, making me pause for thought. :thinking:

If the strap is wide enough it shouldn’t be too much of a problem, what material is it made from and how thick is it?

I was thinking of something more akin to a leather belt firmness so not sure about this yet.

1 Like

I don’t understand the issue. Unless it stretches under the weight of the guitar, soft seems good to me.

1 Like

This strap will definately stretch given how soft it is.

Sounds like you aren’t happy with it, so you should send it back. The Amazon listing says free returns, all money back.

Hi Rachel, I use these straps on all of my guitars, and never had a problem with weight of instrument.

1 Like

Hi Rachel, there’s no problem with that strap at all. That leather is exceptionally good quality and it’s used to give comfort in use; it’s usually made so that the strength comes from webbing inside the leather outer padding which is usually polypropylene which is strong but flexible.
That is a gorgeous strap and now I’ve seen it I think I might just get one for myself, my Telecaster Thinline copy is pretty heavy and my thick hard leather strap isn’t very comfortable despite several treatments with dubbing!

1 Like

Thats really good to hear, thank you very much for the info and help. If you do get this one, let me know what you think. I only have this leather strap and the one that came with the guitar but thats really smelly lol.

It is incredibly soft…

Thanks

Rachel. :slight_smile: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hello Rachel,
I just came across this thread and I’m wondering how you like the strap after almost a year… it looks really nice in the Amazon listing, has it held up well? I have a Gibson Les Paul Classic in Smokehouse Burst that I think would look really good with the dark brown one… :thinking:
So, are you happy with the purchase? Would you buy it again?
Thanks!

Tod

1 Like

Hi there, Sorry fro such a late reply, been away for a short break.

Yes I still use the strap on the Gibson from time to time but mostly I sit with no strap.
I would hope not to need another big strap as that as I doubt that I will be getting a Guitar that heavy to warrent such a strap. Even this may change in the future as I do see a Bass in the future too :slight_smile:

Would I change it for something else though, NO! So. , I think thats all I can say right now. Hope thats ok.

R.

PS, Again, sorry for such a late reply.

sounds like a dream honestly :smiley:

No worries… it’s just nice to hear about gear after someone’s had it for a while & that “shiny newness” has worn off a bit! Good to hear that you still like it!
Thank you Rachel!

Tod

1 Like