Def Leppard

Hi there,

After seeing Alice Cooper perform on Thursday I have tickets to Def Leppard the end of the month. I decided to try this one. Nothing fancy yet but was a feel good song. 2024 has been a rough year for me and I am sure a lot of us. The latest is my 6 week old grandson passed away the other day before I met him. I’ll be writing a new song here on his memory, but this is what I have today to share.

Played the mini guitar again because my arthritis has been killing me.

Jeff

5 Likes

Very sorry for your loss. My condolences.
Arthritus is a B*-**ch. Good work Jeff.

First, sorry for your loss, that’s really tough.

Nice job on the cover. You’ll enjoy Def Leppard live, they have a good show. I saw them touring with Motley Crue. I’m on the fence about seeing them again this year.

Sorry to hear of all your trials and tribulations, Jeff. Wish you better days

So sorry to read about this Jeff, I hope you can find some consolation in Music and playing guitar.

I’m sorry for your loss. Sending good thoughts to you and your family.

Hi Jeff,
Sorry to hear about all your problems again and again :cry:, good luck and stay on the ground
Greetings,Rogier

Sorry for your loss and tough year Jeff, hope things brighten up, and guitar can help ease your pain.

Very sorry to read about such a tragic loss to your family, Jeff.

First hearing of this Def Leppard song, and must admit never been much of a DL fan … Alice Cooper, on the other hand … :metal: :sunglasses:

Thanks for sharing the video, and do hope the arthritis gives you some respite … :+1:

My sincere condolences to your loss, Jeff. My thoughts are with you and I wish you strength to carry on through all the tough times. I hope for better times to come for you soon. May music and playing guitar will provide at least a little bit of comfort in these dark times.

Hi John,

Thanks very much for listening and the kind words.

Hey thanks for stopping by. I wanted to go to that show with poison and the Crue but I missed out on tickets. I last saw Def Leppard in 2000 and that night after the show I got to meet the band. 24 years later a little more gray hair but they still rock.

Hi David. Thank you for the condolences. I’m hoping I see better days with music soon. I’ve been stuck in mediocre for a while now, but still here trying. Have a good week.

1 Like

Hi Silvia,

Thank you for the kind wishes. I hope 2025 is a better year.im still here playing music and trying to learn.

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for stopping to say hello and for the kind words. Wishing you and JP the best. Take care.

Hi Roger,

Thanks for stopping by and sharing some positive thoughts. Have a good week.

Hi Phil,

Thank you for the inspirational message. Take care.

Guitar and music definitely is therapeutic when it comes to dealing with stress and grief. Thanks for stopping by to listen.

Alice Cooer was great and played all of his classic stuff complete with the theatrics. Like singing in the straight jacket and the guillotine scene. I was very fortunate to be able to finally see him play. Like many others he won’t have too many years left of playing. I thought I might see Zack Wylde but not this time. He played with Pantera for a show last year.

Hope you have a great week.

Jeff

Vielen Dank Lisa. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by to say hello and wish me positive days in the future.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the kind words of condolences and encouragement. I didn’t mean to dump my problems here. I’ve had a few deaths to deal with this year but this one was the hardest. I never got to meet the little guy and I wonder why these old bones are still here instead. I’m sure anyone would think that.

For the song, I still think I could have done better with some more confidence and focus. The strumming was a bit basic and boring and I need to tighten up the chords. I thought it sounded in time with a decent melody though. If anyone knows of techniques to get your hands working when your joints stiffen up let me know. That bothers me and it is what causes that string buzz sound every now and then. I haven’t had much practice opportunities since I’ve had to work more hours and take on a second job this year. So if you only see me once in a while I’ll try to play something worthwhile lol.

Jeff