Demon's Learning Log

Take care and I hope you get well very soon :sunflower: :crossed_fingers:
And better rested for a few weeks too long than playing until it really canā€™t anymoreā€¦ :cry:
Greetings,Rogier

Thanks all! Cant do anything else than take more breaks between playing and play less for a while and if that does not work, i will have to take a break for atleast 2 weeks :frowning:

2 Likes

Small update regarding my wrist issue:

Taking small breaks in between playing helped a bit, but not enough.
Then i had to take a NSAID called ā€œnaproxenā€ and was ā€˜forbiddenā€™ to play for atleast 2 weeks. 1.5 weeks later i was playing again, since the meds did not really did a thing, except cause me stomach pain :roll_eyes:

Next up is ā€œshockwave therapyā€(ESWT) , which sounds like a horrible thing, but should help on the long term and has a success ratio of about 60% .

During the ā€˜offtimeā€™, i started using EarMaster to train my hearing for guitar based stuff. The rhythm training, using a microphone and hands to clap, is really paying off on the guitarā€¦ my playing became ā€œtighterā€ and Iā€™m more on time than before :slight_smile: .

1 Like

New update, this time with a video attached!

About a week ago i went to the expert for the shockwave therapy session, and it really hurtsā€¦ two more session to go. I also have to do some special hand exercises to smooth the tendon.

As for the guitar playing, Iā€™ve been training harder than ever, playing about 3-4 hours a day now and the results are paying off :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been working on the Iron Maiden classic 'Hallowed be thy name" and the result can be seen here:

4 Likes

Wow, its almost been a year since i posted here. Time goes fast when your having fun!

Iā€™m still having some issues with my wrist, but that has stabilized (for) now and now i developed a tennis elbow, but that is not due playing to much guitar. Now for the learning itself, iā€™m making great progress.

My real life teacher put me on the path of Troy Stetinaā€™s work and Iā€™m currently working on Lead Volume 1 and Rhythm Volume 1. In the lead book Iā€™m working on the first solo, Open Fire. Still having some small timing issues, but that will come with time.

As for the Rhythm book, that is where iā€™m really making huge progress. After two months of intense training i finally managed to decouple my foot from my hands when playing the power chords in the book. The foot only follows the drumbeat and not the hands. I got a much better feel for timing than ever before.

I know the books are a bit old, but i find its still relevant and really helps me :slight_smile:

I also created a custom progression report in excell so that i can track my progress over the exercises that Iā€™m currently working on.

Lead Guitar progression system:

Rhythm Guitar progression system

Song progression system

Looks like a nice comprehensive schedule Demon and good use of Excell.

:sunglasses: