Direvus - October 2022 - House of the Rising Sun: take 4 + Sweet Child Of Mine (chords only)

Nice smooth rhythm Brendon kept really good timing with the music. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Strumming was good and in time. Good to see you not looking at the chord changes too often.

1 Like

Well done, Brendan, everything looking and sounding pretty good. Keep working the portion with the B and it’ll keep getting more fluent.

You mean your Dad has some rock records in his collection :rofl: Seriously though, that is not a descriptor than can work universally since there’ll be Dads in every generation. So Eagles is your ‘Dad rock’ and your kids may consider GnR to be their ‘Dad rock’ :rofl:

Irrespective, this is a classic song, from an all time great debut album IMHO

1 Like

Really well played Brendon!

And that is what you should aim to play, cool that you managed to play a song that makes your heart tickle :smiley: well done!

1 Like

Hi Daddy,…soooo that sounds wrong :rofl: :joy:
I mean hi Brendan, :blush:
Sounds great and great to hear and see what huge steps you’ve made,… :sunglasses: :clap:
Greetings,…

1 Like

Bravo :exclamation:

1 Like

You rocked it, Brendan! Rhythm especially was on point.

GnR released this song a couple years before I was born, but I remember it being popular throughout my childhood. When I was in high school a band even played it for a talent show we had. Now that I’m a father it trips me up to think that this song released 32 years before my son was born, lol. It’ll def be Dad rock to him.

1 Like

Great stuff Brendan. Thanks for taking me on a cool trip back to my youth. Really good job!!!

1 Like

I really enjoyed that Brendan, well played :clap:t3: :clap:t3: :guitar:

1 Like

Rock solid Brendan and a nice tone on the Strat helping it cut through. More good progress sir !

As to the Dad Rock Granddad Rock, when I were a lad it was all just rock, then these youngsters come along and have to label everything :rofl:

So I am with Brian Johnson and the boys.

Rock n Roll’s just Rock n Roll !

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Good one Brendan.

I’m pretty sure GnR is dad rock now. As is acca dacca, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Metallica… all the good ones :joy:.

I’m with Toby though, it’s all just rock. :grinning:

1 Like

For the record, I used the center position on the pickup selector, and “Clean Echoes” preset in GarageBand with the echo and reverb cranked down a bit.

I agree, I am not really hung up on the labels at all, just having a bit of chuckle.

Although I think there is some kind of a difference in how I relate to the music I picked up from my parents’ tastes, versus the stuff I landed on while I was discovering my own tastes.

1 Like

Synced nicely with the backing track Brendan. You did good.

This is what happened with me until pretty late in life I came across JG and my musical tastes have mushroomed.
Although, yeah, rock is rock is rock.

Really good. The world needs rhythm!

Thanks for sharing!