Do you like your guitar tone?

Looks like yer having a lot of fun to me Majik.
I’ve always kinda wanted a SG. There was that same guitar up for sale locally here a bit ago (craigs list). 60 miles out though. I really near came to go check it out but after reading about that sideways vibrato, I passed. + the SG I want would have p90’s in it. But anyways.
Wondering what ya thought about the tuning stability of that particular guitar. Best I read, that sideways vibrato is not stable and that guitar can go out of tune in short order.
Did you experience that while playing that guitar?

1 Like

I didn’t experience any tuning instability in that guitar in the 10 mins or so I was noodling on it, including bends.

It also didn’t suffer from any neck dive at all, probably because of the heavy tremolo mechanism.

I believe the vibrola (as I believe it is called) will make it go out of tune if it’s used. I didn’t use it.

I actually have a Gibson SG Special 60s Tribute at home with P90’s, which was considerably cheaper than this one.

The Les Paul SG was fun to play, and looked and sounded great. But, like you, I prefer the P90s.

For humbucker tones, I have my PRS Singlecut S2.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Hi Keith, have you considered using an extension chord with the nux and travel guitar. Plug nux mp3 into female end and plug the male end of the lead into the guitar. A-bit of Velcro strap to hold the mp3 wherever it’s comfortable.

I’m using a coupler on the MP-3 that allows me to plug in a standard cable. The NuX tends to sit on the couch next to me and I use the app and the footswitch to control everything.

2 Likes

I have thought about it. But I’m now not using my travel guitar any more. It’s currently in the corner with no strings on it.

If I find a need to use it again in the future, I’ll consider it.

I was using it with my Boss Pocket GT which was a bit better, as it uses a standard cable.

Cheers,

Keith