F and B Barre Chords and Strumming

@Eddie_09 Wow I didn’t know that was an option! I’m realizing half the battle is just getting my fingers in the right shape. Sometimes my fingers want to lie in a position or at a slant that just doesn’t seem correct. Then when I take the time to rearrange them I find that the notes sound much better and when I play it sounds correct. :+1:

I am though getting hand cramps after a few attempts though. :upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

It’s definitely worth a shot Suzie. I think it cost me $60 but afterwards the guitar was so much more playable.
Something that really helped me was practicing further up the fretboard , say at the 5th fret where the strings are easier to press down, and then once you have the technique down then moving up fret by fret until you get to F (as the shape remains the same).
You will get there!!!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley: I can try moving up the frets and see how it works. Great idea! :+1: I’m practicing on an electric Strat so I guess that much easier than practicing on acoustic strings.

1 Like

Hi after six month of fighting with F and B chords I am beginning to get them to sound alright - sometimes! But I still struggle, so I have taken to vary my practice by using the capo in fret one or two. That way the grip is slightly less stretched, making it a tiny bit easier - at least that what I tell myself and if it works it works:)

1 Like

@hypapante thank goodness for capos right!? :wink: