RonG - August 2022 - Cat Stevens, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac

When I was 14 and just picked up my first guitar, this song was the rage. I tried to learn it then but didn’t get very far with it. Run forward 50+ years and I thought let’s give it a go again. Great song from a great folk artist. I hope you guys like my version (capoed up for my voice.)

Cat Stevens - Father & Son

The Beatles - Nowhere Man

Fleetwood Mac - Landslide

The Beatles - Dear Prudence

30 Likes

Sounded great as always, Ron.

I think the setup is good, in the sweet spot, not dry and sounding natural rather than processed which is my preference for singer-songwriter style performances like this.

Not much else I can say in regards to your shares, you are semi-pro gig level IMHO, and I enjoy listening to you. Can’t really do much more than click :heart: here.

4 Likes

A favourite of mine Ron. Great job! I though your fx were spot on this time! :smile:

1 Like

That was great Ron, I love Cat Stevens and this is one of his greatest songs which you did justice to! Sounded superb and love the high notes! All the best

2 Likes

That was awesome Ron, a beautiful song beautifully sung - so much feeling coming through in your delivery. Very, very well played and deserving of a mighty round of applause, but the best I can offer is a few emoticons :slight_smile: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Loved that Ron, sung from the heart!

1 Like

Ron, you are obviously an accomplished musician, and it really comes through in your posts. This is my favorite from you. Just really, really good. I agree with DavidP on your setup. It sounds great.

1 Like

One of my all time favorites. This is still above my skill level but am trying hard to learn it. You did it great service and really enjoyed listening to you.

1 Like

Thank you David. :smiley:

Appreciate the encouraging comments Gordon. :smiley:

Thank you so much Adrian. :smiley:

Godfrey i really appreciate the applause mate. Thank you. :smiley:

Dave I really appreciate your encouraging feedback. It is one of my all time favorite songs that has always moved me emotionally. Glad you like it. :smiley:

You will get there Nick. It is a great song and I am pleased you liked my cover. :smiley:

Man that was good Ron! Thoroughly enjoyed it, your playing and singing was spot on…… Wonderful!
One of my favourite tracks of his was Matthew and son, there’s something special about it for me!

1 Like

That was great Ron! and really moving. I really enjoyed it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! This is so beautifully played and sung :heart_eyes: I enjoyed it a lot :blush:

1 Like

Great job, Ron. This one is on my list for future cover also

1 Like

Hi Ron,
I think this song and the lyrics are fantastic, and so beautiful that I wrote an essay about it in my head (no… don’t be scared … it stays in my head :roll_eyes:)

You performed it beautifully, my wife called from the garden which artist covered this version… :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet: :man_bowing:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like