Finger surgery

Hope the recovery is going well Peter!

Hi folks,
you are all just the greatest, thank you so much for all your good wishes and advice regarding my Duputreyne’s finger surgery.

Now almost 7 weeks after surgery and things are getting better by the day, yes, I have experienced and still am to some extent some of the stiffness and such like that you had all warned me about, you were so correct, but it was very helpful to know what to expect and how best to overcome the result of surgery and aid recovery.

The information and suggestions to help my recovery that many of you suggested was invaluable and I must say has really helped so much, thank you all.

The hospital gave me advice on what I should do to improve the movement and how to strengthen my pinky but not a great deal I’m sorry to say, it seems much information regarding recovery etc can be gained from some of the online Duputreyne’s websites.

The good news is that I’m back playing both Ukulele and guitar, the guitar, especially the acoustic guitar is more difficult, but the strength of my finger is improving, and I certainly can use it much better than pre surgery, now able to use it playing barre chords in the ‘A’ caged system which is a great improvement.

I do not have long fingers, mine a short but as Justin has said you just have to get on with it and you’ll find a way, many of us are in that situation.

It’s back to the practice routine now so I’ll say thank you all again for your thoughts concern and advice, maybe one day I’ll be able to return the compliment and offer some help to you.

Best wishes, Peter.

4 Likes

That’s good news Peter.