First Original - Living Your Life In Your Head

The boy can play
The boy can sing
The boy can write lyrics, construct a song, and perform :smiley:

I havenā€™t read all the comments and presume itā€™s been said, but you have ticked the boxes in each of the required departments and the sum is better than all the parts :smiley:
For sure, every aspect will benefit from tweaking and I would encourage you to approach all your song-writing like that. Do as good a job as you can. Record it. Return after a decent spell and give it another whirl, seeing if youā€™d like to change things.

Another star is born :sunglasses:

1 Like

@brianlarsen

The boy is blushing.

Thank for taking the time to give this song a spin and provide feedback Brian. It means a lot to me. Your feedback on previous recordings has always been to the point. Thatā€™s a very good point to take a step back for a bit and then return to see if there is anything that I would like to change with a fresh pair of ears before taking it to the next step.

Now is there a theme going on here. When I hit this on YT your Donā€™t Look Back In Anger was loitering in the wings. This has certainly got a little Oasis going one. Lift and pour be something or other ??? Sorry wrong Oasis. Definitely had the Manc crew vibe going on with this song. Good lyrics and cool melody !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner

Thanks for checking this one out too Toby. I reckon that our musical voice is shaped by the bands and types of music we listened to growing up. Oasis were very much influenced by the beatles, the happy mondays etc. I look forward to the day I write inspired by all the songs Iā€™ve listened to over the years.

1 Like

Late to this party, James.

Really enjoyed it.

Nothing material to add to all the comments made. So shall just ā€¦

:champagne: :champagne: :champagne:

1 Like

Hi James, Iā€™m also late to the party, I didnā€™t catch this one when it came out.
Iā€™m most impressed, youā€™re a singer/songwriter. Compare that to the guy who played ā€™headlessā€™ when he first started! :smile:
I enjoyed your song and playing. Itā€™s definitely got an Oasis vibe about it. I thought sounded great with just the acoustic and unless youā€™re super keen to add drums, bass etc, Iā€™d leave it as it is.
Iā€™ve quickly scanned the previous comments so Iā€™ll just add a ā€œreally well doneā€ and I look forward to more.

1 Like

@DavidP

Thanks for checking this song out, David, and for the words of encouragement. Glad to hear that you really enjoyed it.

@sairfingers

Thanks for checking my first original out, Gordon. Iā€™m pleased to hear that you enjoyed the song and playing. It just goes to show how supportive this community is for me to go from those initial headless AVOYPs to sharing an original. Yes, this one definitely has an oasis vibe to it. Though, the second original that I posted has got a completely different vibe. I guess weā€™re influenced by all the genres and bands that we listen to over the years.

1 Like

Congrats on your first original! Well done i thought! Nice little rhythm!

1 Like

@Bytron08

Hey Byron, thanks for giving this one a spin mate :smiley: Iā€™m glad you enjoyed it mate.

Hi James,

Great Brit pop vibes, certainly takes you back to the 90s.
Super bouncy - brings some sunshine on this cloudy day.

Very nice write indeed.

Digger

1 Like

@Digger72

Thank you very much for giving my first original a spin Stephen and taking the time to provide feedback. Iā€™m glad that it brought some sunshine on a cloudy day and was able to capture that 90s brit pop vibe.

Iā€™m so pleased to hear that you thought it was nicely written. That means a lot to me coming from someone that I know writes amazing originals and fantastic arrangements.

Congratulations on your first original song James. It was excellent. Like Stephen has said, it was a great bouncy tune and I too thought it had a Brit pop feel it it. Nice job on the barre chords as well.

1 Like

@SgtColon

Stefan, thanks for giving the one that kick started me down this path of originals a spin as well. Glad you enjoyed it and caught that 90s brit pop vibe. Thanks for the compliment on the barre chords, what was I thinking putting so many barre chords into my first original :smiley:

1 Like