GinaRose - Give Me Love (Ed Sheeran) - 1st post Nov. 2022 plus newly made recording Aug. 2023

That was great Gina! We have been playing the same time but you definately put me to shame. I think all you need to do is sing a tiny bit louder. Look forward to more stuff from you :clap::clap::clap:

That was great Gina! Your playing was great, and though it was a little hard to hear your voice, it sounded really good. Keep performing and it will come. I am looking forward to more videos.

Gina

Nice to meet you and a very good Community debut. Lots said already but I won’t repeat things. Some really sound playing. As to the singing I think you just need confidence and self belief, the underlying tone is good but I sense you are holding back.

Adi mentioned a few of us here have done Chris Liepe’s singing course and I would strongly recommend it, as it helped me no end. The course is called Discover Your Voice and although not free is well priced for what it delivers. However, I recommend you take a look at his free taster course, link below. You’ll get al lot out of these 3 free lessons, so have a look and maybe check out DYV afterwards.

:sunglasses:

Great guitar playing - really high standard for someone who’s only been playing a couple of years. You obviously have the voice too and the musicianship. Looking forward to hearing more. (And love the colour of your guitar!)

When I posted the first video in this thread 9 months ago I got lots of supportive comments to keep working on my singing! I recently decided to revisit this song and have been practicing singing more loudly and confidently. I think I can still do a little better, but comparing the two videos, I am so much more pleased with this one! Let me know your thoughts :blush:

7 Likes

Hi Gina,
What a difference in confidence in yourself with the first video on singing and playing…amazing :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :clap:
I love the revisit songs, I should do it myself as I have often intended :roll_eyes:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Gina,
That was fabulous. Lovely playing and singing. Great tone to your voice, really enjoyed the change in strumming dynamics that you executed really smoothly :clap: :clap: :clap:
I notice the tone (colour) of your guitar fits nicely with your room decorations. :slightly_smiling_face:
Best wishes,
Alan

1 Like

If his is your first post you should be proud of yourself. I don’t know anyone who likes their singing voice, but you can definitely grow to really enjoy singing if you can accept your voice is your own, then very quickly you will become a much more confident singer. As for the guitar playing, you are definitely heading in the right direction. Just keep going, and sing more!

1 Like

Bravo, Gina. The greater confidence in your singing is a delight to hear. A most enjoyable, assured performance. And good job on the video, a more engaging video as a result of an improved camera position.

1 Like

Thank you very much! I agree, the difference is huge! :slight_smile:

Thanks Alan! And thank you for noticing the decoration! The color of this guitar was actually the inspiration/starting point for choosing the rest of the room’s decorations :grin:

1 Like

You and I started Justin Guitar around the same time. I think you sing beautiful and play well too. I get the same feedback every time that I’m too quiet, so I haven’t figured that out yet either after like 30 songs posted here. The key is to keep moving forward and not stress. It is a big step sharing a video here and putting yourself out there. Congratulations on a job well done. Is that one of those fender Newporters? I thought slot about getting one. Do you like yours?

Thanks for sharing your progress.

Jeff
San Diego CA

1 Like

Thanks for the comment Mike! The first video in this thread, was my first post. I have made a few in between then and now. And the second video in this thread is my progress with singing. I am definitely still working on my confidence but am happy with how I’m progressing!

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, I made sure to make myself more visible on this one, even though I don’t always like to be :see_no_evil:

Hello Jeff and thanks for the comment! Singing loud enough is way harder than I thought! Even in my 2nd updated video, there are parts where I sound much quieter than I expected I would. This community has definitely helped because I would not be ready to post a vocal cover on YouTube or Instagram, but here is like a middle ground where I can always count on positive, constructive feedback.

The guitar is a Fender Malibu. I love it because of its size and ease of playing for me (a 5’1 female with small hands). The chords come so easily. However you do sacrifice sound with the smaller size - acoustically, it just doesn’t compare to the sound of my full size Ibanez Artwood. I like the sound of it plugged in much better! It is going through a clean setting on my Vox amp in this video, though I didn’t use any interface or mic other than my phone, so you’re likely hearing a combination of the acoustic and amplified sound.

Malibu okay. I was close. I have a flyby acoustic that is like that. It’s tiny sound home sacrifices sound but it is cool to look at and awkward to play. Good luck on the journey and keep at it. We’ll both get there eventually. Have a great day.

Jeff

Really good Gina. Confident vocal (hints of Joan Baez I thought) and some good dynamics in your guitar play. You nearly lost your rhythm a couple of times so keep that strum hand moving up and down all the time.
The bit at the end was classic “I’m almost there don’t mess up now”. Keep concentrating right up to the end. :grinning:
Well done I enjoyed that a lot.

Wow Gina Rose. A very noticeable improvement between the first and second videos. Very impressive.

Hey Gina, definitely a better job on vocals front here superbly well done! You are definitely doing way better than last time so clearly progress was made! I am going to be a friendly spirit here and am going to give you a constructive critique, as this is hot topic on another subject out there :grinning:

Some bits during the chorus sounded a bit rushed to me, not too much but slightly. I listened to it a few times now trying to nail down what is off and I think you’re missing a single strum while playing C and Dmin, hence it sounds rushed. F is fine, but two chords before seems like a missed strum - I would go with D-UDU each time and to me one U is quite often getting lost from your strum. It might be tricky to explain myself with just words so here is a little something something for you which hopefully will make it sensible and explain better what I meant:

Let me know if it makes sense and if it does give it a go, interested to hear if you also felt a difference! :slight_smile: all the best and really great job Gina!

You did it, Gina! I thought you played and sang admirably well! No need to worry about your vocals. You have a lovely voice. I’m happy you reposted this. Good job!