First video posted, Come as you are

Ah, that’s got to be it David, it’s played on bass! Too obvious for me to figure out :rofl:. It didn’t seem very “Nirvana” to have backing musicians off stage etc. I’ve know some ostensibly “one guitar” bands like RHCP have two guitars on stage at their concerts, this one was stumping me. Thanks mate.

1 Like

Welcome to the jungle, Malcolm :smiley:
Fab debut.
You know what you need to do.
Keep it up

Congratulations on an excellent first post Malcolm. That was some tasty grunge going on there.

That moving from strumming to picking is a bit of a bugger, isn’t it?

@brianlarsen That’s a whole different group. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was grungy before you were even in utero, Stef.
Wanna get in the ring? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Only if you come as you are.

1 Like

And make sure the medics on hand, don’t want anybody slipping into a coma

1 Like

Great song choice for a debut, absolutely well done! On top of other comments made I would suggest perhaps playing along the original a lot just to get into the song’s speed? You can always slow it down on youtube to any tempo if original is bit too quick :slight_smile: all the best and congratz!

1 Like

Well done! Great first outing! Enjoyed listening and thanks for sharing! Looking forward to hearing more! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the comment @adi_mrok.
Playing along to original recordings and backing tracks is something that I have tried many times. However, with this song I would have to detune my guitar to play along to the original recording, something that I haven’t got into yet, and I am not sure that I would be comfortable messing around with the tuning of my guitar yet. I will check youtube as there may be a good backing track in standard tuning.

Here you go in standard tuning :wink: Nirvana: "Come As You Are/Lithium/Drain You" [Standard Tuning] - YouTube

1 Like

Congrats Michael - you are up and running with AVOYP 1 under your belt. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well done on posting your first AVoYP Malcolm, it’s a bit of a hurdle to overcome. I look forward to more in the future.:+1:

1 Like

Cheers @adi_mrok, saved me searching. :+1: