GDay all from John, from UK now living in Kunming, China

Hi John, and welcome :smiley:

What a waste :open_mouth:

Fair play to her- Sounds a lot like me-
I’ve even been known to murder Manu Chao :rofl:
Hope you continue to enjoy your guitar journey as well as this community

welcome :slight_smile:

That’s a fun introductory story John! Welcome and enjoy annoying your neighbor!

Hello John, and welcome to the community :hugs:.
That was a fun introduction :grin:. Thanks for putting a smile on my face :slightly_smiling_face:.

I wish you lots of fun with your new six-string-friend and hope to hear more from you :smiley:.

Hi John,
That’s the best introduction I’ve read. I really did LOL to your commentary.
I hope your journey goes well with your new found desire to play the guitar.
Be sure to turn up your amp so the lady upstairs can enjoy your music as much as you appear to have enjoyed her piano playing… :wink:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum John

Welcome John!

Hi John and welcome! Your story has made me smile a lot, guitar trumps piano any day :wink:. Have fun strumming :+1::guitar:

There are few things worse than a college faculty meeting (my second career was as a professor.) Everybody figures they’re the smartest person in the room, and therefore must pontificate on every topic on the agenda.

Welcome to the community!

Welcome to the group John.

Maybe she has taken inspiration from yourself and waiting for the delivery of her new guitar!

1 Like

Hi John, welcome to the community forum.

Welcome John and rock on

Hi John, That’s a great introduction story thanks for the post and welcome to the community. I hope you stick with the guitar learning I know it’s tough at the beginning but if you keep plugging away you’ll get great joy.

I started messing about on guitar when I worked away and it was something different for me to focus on, and that is so totally important. So keep going and have Fun.
Cheers

Welcome to the forum John, During my time I found most management meetings conducted in English terminably boring, even when “un-heated”. I wished they were in a foreign language on occasion too ! Sadly I never made the time to learn a musical instrument back in the day.

Good for you though, and I hope you enjoy ‘entertaining’ the neighbours as you learn to play guitar. :sunglasses:

The Chinese make some fine stringed instruments, eg. Eastman

Hi John from UK. Pleased to meet you and welcome to the community!

My name is Roy and I live in UT USA but I was born and raised in Kunming Yunnan China! I’m 24 and just picked up guitar about 6 months ago. It’s a very strange feeling, I’m curious about your thoughts on a lot of things.

I hope this comment find you well and wish we could have a discussion sometime! About life, music, experiences.

Welcome to the community John!

Hey, Jean-Michel from France,

that’s quite a story, welcome on board !

Hello John.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning:

Hello Roy

Sorry for being slow to reply. I’m quite busy at work, and when I’m not working I’m playing guitar!

Interesting that you are from Kunming. What do you miss about the place? I bet you miss the food, and the weather is so mild.

I have a local Chinese teacher who is teaching me lots of Chinese songs. I know the names in English: Ordinary Road, Rose, and others. These are challenging technical pieces.

Right now I’m working on Japan during July. I brought a guitar with me, although I’m finding it hard to find time to play. Just working too much.

All the best

John

I agree 100%. I started learning well over 10 years ago. I remember one time driving in my car, hearing a song I hadnt’ heard on the radio before, pulling over and writing down the name of the song and then proceeded to learn it, the song was: Follow you down by the Gin Blossoms.

A few weeks later, maybe a month at most I had learned the song quite well and was driving in my car and heard it again and was so delighted to be able to sing along to it knowing if my guitar was in my car I would have pulled over and played along.

That’s a dream come true I never imagined before learning the guitar. :slight_smile: