Greetings fellow guitarist from Bryan in Portland Oregon

Hello from Portland Oregon USA, my name is Bryan, I am an older musician who’s been playing for 40+ years and decided that I needed to enhance my skills as a guitarist. A bandmate told me about this course and I was intrigued, so here I am. I like what I see so far and I’m excited to work with people from around the world.

15 Likes

Hi Bryan ,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

and that’s a long time playing guitar :sunglasses:…I haven’t done more than 10% of that time…but but but…I’m still very young :roll_eyes:

Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Thank you. Playing guitar is a good thing to do. Lots of happiness for sure.

1 Like

Hi Bryan, welcome to the community forum. I was playing guitar for 40+ years when I started learning with Justin Guitar. I found that I was stuck using a handful of strumming patterns, especially “old faithful”. Going through all of the song lesson videos for the songs in his two beginning song books introduced me to a lot of interesting strumming patterns, percussive strums, muted strums and picked strums. I know you will also find some useful skills for playing songs.

2 Likes

Welcome Bryan!

1 Like

Welcome Bryan,

I’m sure you’ll finds lots here for you to dive into.
Its a great community here too. You likely have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share as well.
All the best.

Cheers, Shane

Hey Bryan

Former Oregonian here!! Welcome to the community. Great place to share and learn from others. Wish you all the best o you guitar journey!!

1 Like

:wave: Welcome to the group Bryan

R

Hi Bryan welcome and I’m sure that if you’ve been playing for 40 years then it’ll be great for me to see if I can tap into your experience too. So play on and have fun. :star_struck:

1 Like

Welcome to the community Bryan!

Welcome to the community Bryan, and happy learning!

Welcome, from someone who has been playing guitar about 18 months! lol Hope you have a great time here, I sure am.

1 Like

Hi Bryan, and welcome from a fellow Oregonian :guitar:

Glad to have you here!

1 Like

Welcome to the Community Bryan. :wave:

Welcome Bryan, enjoy your time here. :smiley:

Welcome Bryan to the community!

Welcome Brother!

I am honored to be part of this community. Being a newbe at anything is a tough row. So it nice to have a Community behind people who are passionate about learning. You are all are amazing. Thank you.

4 Likes

Hello Bryan.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning: