Growing up on 8 mm

I like how the dog had no interest in the cows but the girl was trying her best to make it interested. :smiley:

How nice to watch again, ā€¦ youā€™re going to miss it after 2 weeks no 8 mmā€¦
Greetings

Not quite sure what my fascination is with your home movies is, Brian. But they are somehow engaging, not to mention the soundtrac

Never that keen to watch any of the home movies of my wifeā€™s childhood or some of our home ā€¦ best the missus doesnā€™t seem me watching yours :rofl:

@SgtColon @roger_holland @DavidP
Cheers for the watch and comments lads :smiley:

This nice spell of spring sunshine brings me back to the end of winter, with the snow melting in our garden in Switzerland. A family snowball fight followed by some sledding on the ā€˜Gurtenā€™, a hill overlooking Bern. Our Irish wolfhound Glen loved the snow.
Soundtrack: Did You See Him Cry by Pavlovā€™s Dog, which spent a lot of time spinning on our record player in that house.

1 Like

Was a nice one to see again,ā€¦coincidentally (not quite) an apple with cinnamon and banana cake/bread in the oven has just been steaming here for 30 minutes for the extra atmosphere with these winter images :sunglasses:

1 Like

Fun times, Brian.

Talk about high ground advantage, plus more ammunition immediately at hand :rofl:

1 Like

Ah yes, but look at the numerical advantage we had.
Casualties on both sides :rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™m a purist.
I just had chocolate brownies for lunch :smiley:

1 Like

Were they ā€œloadedā€ ones Brian? :smiley: Nice way to spend the afternoon. :joy:

Haha, at first I thought you meant did we put stones in the snowballs? :laughing:
Never had a hash brownie in my life, although when I was young and foolish, I did ā€˜inhaleā€™ :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Playing frisbee on the beach in Greece with our au pair, Mary.
Just good fun :smiley:
Trivia: for some weird reason, this video received over 1000 views one day right after uploading, only to disappear back into obscurity.
Music: The Happening by The Pixies (anyone who knows Frank Blackā€™s fascination with UFOs will have to smile at the frisbee in the sky to this :laughing:)

2 Likes

Hi Brian,
Thatā€™s a very happy one :smiley: :sunglasses:ā€¦
Apparently many have a notification turned on for thessalonikeā€¦
Is a fun one to test out :bulb:ā€¦but letā€™s not wake up sleeping dogs :see_no_evil:
And that the sun will shine soon here again :sunflower: :sun_with_face:ā€¦
Greetings

1 Like

Good times, Brian. You sure did get around.

Pixies tunes was ever so cool. Like to give Doolittle a spin every now and then.

1 Like

@roger_holland Haha, I just presumed some Greek ā€˜influencerā€™ had mentioned it briefly and a lot of traffic just got directed there
@DavidP Yup, Doolittleā€™s a doozie- as are all the rest of their albums :grinning: :sunglasses:
Summer '74, we were on the beach one afternoon it must have been in July; there was a loudspeaker announcement on the beach and it emptied in about 5 minutes. Later someone told us that Turkey had just invaded Cyprus and all males were being drafted. I remember mile-long queues at the border leaving Greece.

1 Like

I donā€™t know my grunge from my indie, but have to say I got into the Pixies to a degree, while I never did take to Nirvana.

Summer of '74 ā€¦ significant for me also as my world was turned upside down. My Dad was made redundant from Pan Am (oil crisis) and we emigrated to South Africa to settle in my Mumā€™s home town, where her family all lived.

1 Like

Murderball with a frisbee, now thatā€™s a new one. :smiley:

I need to ask, which one are you?

1 Like

Playing frisbee!
Whoever that older Larsen is, his definition of playing frisbee seems to extend to assault and battery!
This video should be X-rated with that level of violence.
:rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Cheers all for the comments above :grinning:

A flurry of Uriah Heep posts over in what are you listening to reminded me of this clip.
One of the few family holidays that did not involve traveling back ā€˜homeā€™ to Ireland or Denmark. Our last year in the Middle East we spent a week in Jordan on the gulf of Aqaba. Mary, our au pair, is the lady with short black hair.
Dad is the only person I know who would wear a collared shirt, tie and blazer in 40 degree heat on the beach :roll_eyes:
For a year or two, the Heep were the only real band in our world. Gary Thain (RIP) is one of the few bass players I was ever aware of, how integral their playing was to my enjoyment of the music.
It really was a Wonderworld
(oh yes, Iā€™m the second eldest with the dark hair)

3 Likes

Hi Brian,
Well, that was a nice one to start the morning with, :sunglasses:

@brianlarsen Hi, Iā€™ll just put my question away here, but it strikes me that you havenā€™t been seen here for 2(?) days, and I canā€™t remember that since Iā€™ve been here for 4 months(?) hang around regularly ā€¦ so everything good? Finally found a sensible daytime activity? Iā€™ll leave out the rest of the jokes,ā€¦I feel pretty silly about this question, but well, thatā€™s what you get if youā€™re always there and suddenly not for a few days,ā€¦so your own fault
Greetings ,I

1 Like

Fun times as always with Clan Larsen, Brian.

Uriah Heep is one of the few bands Iā€™ve seen live. They came to South Africa with Deep Purple. What a show, finest kind. I think later the two toured together with Wishbone Ash. Also fortunate to have seen Wishbone Ash when they came to support Nazareth. Frankly, Nazareth could have stayed home and a show with just Wishbone Ash would have been a better show IMHO.

But enough of my memories ā€¦