Twistor59 - August 2022 - Pink Floyd - In The Flesh + Justin's Clapton study piece

I found this to be a useful track for practicing bending the thicker strings - I found it quite hard with the 10s I have on the strat.

7 Likes

Mighty fine go, Phil, sounded the biz to me. Well done.

1 Like

Fantastic Phil :heart_eyes:

Great tone!

1 Like

Terrific Phil, I love the bass pedal action again, what an impact! How did you set about pulling this together? (Apart from hours and hours of practice :slight_smile: )

First Time, then another one of my faves :smiley:
You did a far more impressive job than my dodgy effort :rofl:
Looking forward to your next already

Haha that was great Brian! I want a pink wig!

Thanks! When I retired, my boss bought me the guitar songbook for The Wall, it has some pretty accurate tab, so I just learned that (I know Justin wouldnā€™t approve, coz I didnā€™t transcribe it myself!)

1 Like

Hi Phil,
That was a very nice other one :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet:ā€¦and a good tip if I ever get the need to bend the thick stringsā€¦
Greetings Rogier

Loved it!! Great tones and playing and nice mix between you and the backing track. Well done.

1 Like

Fantastic. Very inspiring Phil.

1 Like

That was brilliant, Phil. You said you found it hard because of the 10ā€™s, well that didnā€™t show at all. A real Tuesday treat.

1 Like

Hi Phil, some solid playing technique on display here. Sounded good to me, even if above my pay grade as a player.

1 Like

This was one of a set of solos on Justinguitar a while back where he provided a zip file with him playing the solo. The idea is that you transcribe it yourself, then play it back over the solo-free backing track he provided. This is my effort at the Clapton style one (I havenā€™t checked the transcription as I donā€™t have guitar pro, but I think itā€™s mostly right).

I think these tracks were made a long time ago, and I managed to find the zip file a year or so ago. It was only a few dollars, so well worth getting. Iā€™m not sure where itā€™s located now, but Iā€™m sure the moderators will know if anyoneā€™s interested.

12 Likes

That was some superb soloing Phil. Excellent stuff as always.

Oh wow, Phil, this sounds awesome :star_struck:. Iā€˜m just in grade 1 and really wonder, whether I will ever be able to control my fingers the way you do. Thanks for sharing :grinning:.

Thanks! I must admit this was about my 10th take on this. I kept messing it up - as soon as I know the cameraā€™s on, I go to pieces - I have great admiration for people who can play live. Itā€™s a good job the camera doesnā€™t capture my thought bubbles otherwise Iā€™d be banned. The end result still has a few flaws in it, but I stop when there arenā€™t ā€œtooā€ many of them.

1 Like

Thank you very much! The answer is ā€œyesā€, you will. Iā€™ve got quite chubby inflexible sausage fingers, so if I can do it, anyone can.

1 Like

Great work Phil.
What a super bend + vibrato at 45 seconds.

The resources you mention are all here:

2 Likes

Thanks! I didnā€™t realise there was a pdf - I only had th gpx files which I canā€™t read. I can check how close I got now!

Hmm I just did - a few more discrepancies than I thought. Ah well, thatā€™s the point of the exercise!

1 Like

That was really good Phil, special respect for transcribing it yourself I know how tricky it can get! Well done!