Have you ever bought a guitar only because it was beautiful?

Hello everybody,

I wish I could have bought my first (and even second) guitars just relying on their respective sounds and feel when I have them in hands and not so much relying on online test and review videos and eventually the look. However, being a newbie and unable to make it sound right, even at 10 % of their potential (if ever we can quantitatively assess a guitar potential) I had to rely on people able to play guitar. I made my choice according to a few parameters (type of guitar according to my interests in music genres, acoustic/electric orientations, budget and recognised qualities of the guitar (brand), look). I completed my selection criteria with numerous online feedback about the play and sound.

After almost 3 years of learning alone with the help of online courses like Justin Guitar, I can say that I made good choices. Every day, alone with my progresses, I discover and feel the quality of my guitars and I’m pretty happy with them.

I now have minimum skills and play sensations allowing me to consider testing more thoroughly a guitar next time I’ll buy another one.

Cheers,
Pascal

Hello Pascal, welcome to the community (I see a notification that it’s your first post?)

I also had to rely on youtube videos to chose my first guitar. I went into a store, pointed to it and said “that one please.” I had no idea how to play it so there was no point in trying to in the store. I’ve been happy with it - sort of - I swapped out the neck from maple to rosewood because I was finding the lacquer on the maple too sticky. But now, I’m happy and I know buying lots more guitars won’t make me any better.

But I’m still tempted!

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Amen Mr C !
WKK ?
:man_shrugging: