Have You Ever Seen the Rain

Very nice Tosh! Well played and sung :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Tosh,
Great song and great job pulling off a cover of it! I guess there are only so many Cash songs one can do and you picked a good one to break out of the mold on! Keep up the vibe mate and take good care,
LB

Well done, Tosh. Good to hear from you again.

1 Like

Thanks!

Very true. As much as I love JC it gets a boring if I don’t change it up now and then. Appreciate the comment!

Wut?

Let me respectfully make a few suggestions: Ring of Fire, I Walk the Line, Jackson, Give My Love to Rose, I Still Miss Someone, Long Black Veil, The Man Comes Around, Man in Black, Cocaine Blues, A Boy Named Sue, Sunday Morning Coming Down, Straight A’s in Love, etc.

Signed, A Johnny Cash Fan From Way Back

Hey,
I love Cash as well and your list is impressive. Off hand I would tend to think Tosh has covered maybe half your list, going back over the years! :slight_smile:

I don’t recall a rendition of “A boy named Sue” though! Hey Tosh, hint, hint! :slight_smile:

Let’s see if he comes through on that one!

If you like Ring of Fire , Then you may want to try out the uptempo version we did a while back per the link! If you try it on, let me know what you think… Some true Cash fans may be offended though. So know that going in!
Be well there Man in Black!
LB

Definitely not offended, thought it was great!

Great to hear John! Glad the spin was round and fancy for you.

Now back to the OP and Cash. Not sure if you know where Tosh keeps his stash of Cash up on YouTube. So here is a link to his Cash Channel. Check it out as I think many of these are great Cash covers! Some of which are on your list for sure!

All the best and be well,
LB

Actually, after you mentioned that @ToshS has done a lot of Cash covers, I didn’t see many here in the Community, but I did find his youtube channel. Some deep cuts there, an impressive body of work! Kudos!

Hey there @jjw and @LBro . Thanks for your commments (and thanks LB for mentioning YouTube :slight_smile: What’s interesting about this is it makes me realize the vast majority of my Johnny Cash covers here in the Justin Guitar Community are probably in the old Justin community before the website refresh a couple years ago. That may mean now is a good opportunity for second versions and start putting them up here. More opportunity to improve too. LB is right, I have done most of the songs that John mentioned above, but not A Boy Named Sue. For some reason that one always seemed daunting to me.

Hey Tosh,
Now is that “S” in your last name for “Sue”? LOL
You have to do the song mano! We will be waiting.

Not sure about playing it, but your voice should be well suited for this one I would think!

Counting down the days for “A Boy Named Sue” by Tosh! :slight_smile:

Be well and play well!
LB

1 Like

Just to be clear, the S is for Stuart. Lol.

Will get to work on it!

I think I heard you right sir… S = Sue? :slight_smile:

Looking forward to the song anyways!
LB

1 Like

Ahhhh, it worked this time around.

Nicely done Tosh. Good tune to cover.

1 Like

Glad it worked for you, and thanks for the comment!

1 Like

Sounds great (loved the song choice and the playing on the porch feel).

1 Like

Hi Tosh, nice cover of this song.

1 Like

Thanks my friend!

Appreciate it!