Hello from Bryan. Coming back to the guitar

I played guitar in college, completely self taught, just rhythm basic chords on an acoustic. Led singing at a church. Now, I’m 47 and my old acoustic sits in the case in the corner of my study. So, I decided to get it back out and play, and this time really learn. So, I’m going through the beginner lessons at a bit of a clip. I find that I know most of the stuff and can still play, but I’m also learning some tips. And really enjoying playing the riffs! Bought a cheap starter electric as well because I’ve always wanted one. Plan on buying a nice one once I get better (or maybe my wife will get me one, she always complains that I need a hobby so that she and the rest of our family can have some good gift ideas! haha - right now, my major hobby was maintaining a poor work-life balance!)

Really love jazz and blues as well as good old 70s, 80, 90s rock and pop (and current stuff as well). Would LOVE to be able to really play good jazz and blues.

Nice to meet everyone!
bryan

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum Bryan. You’ve come to the right place to get your mojo back

1 Like

Welcome to the community Bryan, it’s always great to hear when someone finds their groove with the guitar. Enjoy

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the community Bryan. :slight_smile:

Stick to Justin’s course and you’ll come to jazz and blues. Nice!

2 Likes

Welcome Bryan, good to see you back in the saddle.

1 Like

Hello Bryan and welcome. Your story is so damiliar and many here gave those gap years of having learned a bit only to put the guitar in a cupboard for too ling a time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome, Bryan! Great to hear about your (re)introduction to guitar and your experience with Justin’s lessons. So had your old acoustic been beckoning you over time and it finally convinced you? :wink:

2 Likes