Hello all I'm Will from Ocean City, Maryland!

Hello everyone!

I’m, Will, from OC, MD and just beginning my guitar journey. Finally after decades(I’m 49) of putting off what i thought was impossible, I began my guitar journey in January 2022. A friend loaned me his Yamaha acoustic to try, in case i felt it wasnt for me. 3 weeks later i was hooked and purchased my first acoustic!

Since then i tried 2 other online learning subscription services, then I found Justin Guitar. I’m so thankful! My progress has increased along with the FUN!!

I used the App until recently when reaching Grade 3 I’ve moved over the website. The information provided is enormous, but with guidance I’ve developed my own practice sessions and thoroughly looking forward to the possibilities before me.

Cheers to all and enjoy your journey!

4 Likes

Hey Will. Welcome to the community. Great to hear you are making progress. I started playing in my early 50s and now 10 years later it’s just been a dream come true. Keep at it, you won’t regret where it takes you.

1 Like

Hi Will
From another will. Welcome, the forum is a great motivator.

1 Like

Hi Will, nice to have you here :hugs:.
I started my guitar journey last Spring at the age of 47. Fortunately, I found Justins course and this community shortly thereafter. It helped me a lot :smiley:.
I wish you lots of fun with your six-string-friend and look forward to hearing more from you :grinning:.

2 Likes

Welcome Will. You’ve come to the right place as Justin will keep you on the straight and narrow with a tried and trusted path to follow. Never too late to start and never to old to rock n roll.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi Will, welcome to the community.

1 Like

Hello Will,

Welcome to the community!
1 Like

Hi Will. I wholeheartedly agree, the JG website is the way to go! --glad you’re having fun. :tada: :guitar:Welcome!

1 Like

Hi Will,
Welcome ,and i wish you all the fun possible here,… :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our community Will. :slight_smile:

I hope you’re enjoying your guitar adventure.

1 Like

Welcome Will. I’m relatively new to the website but have found everyone to be very supportive and friendly. You should tune into the open mike night, it’s excellent and you have the chance to chat on zoom with members after the show. I think the next one is later in January @TheMadman_tobyjenner will be able to advise?

2 Likes

https://community.justinguitar.com/t/jgc-open-mic-xiii-13-call-for-interest/161158/72

1 Like

Hello Will and a warm welcome to the community.
If you have progressed through both grades 1 and 2 just coming up to your one year anniversary then you have made incredible progress.
I notice you have used the app which is a fantastic tool and gives you not just lessons but hundreds of songs to learn and play along with. That latter is its raison d’etre as learning songs is where it is at.
The website grades 1 and 2 lessons hold a lot of extra written content not on the app. Might I suggest you take some time consolidating your learning to this point, refining your skills and techniques, nailing some songs to your best ability, and revisiting the website pages to see if you can pick up additional learning as you do so. Maybe record yourself playing some songs. Maybe even post in the AVOYP section: 📣 Audio-Video of You Playing - JustinGuitar Community
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator