Hello from Bart in Belgium 🇧🇪

Hello all,
I’m Bart, 42 y old from Belgium, Halle to be more precise.
I have an acoustic Yamaha C40 and a Fender Strat with a small Fox amp.
I started my journey with JustinGuitar on 18 Nov 23 and finished Grade 1.
Taking my time now to practice the harder chords with OMC and finger stretching.
But also having a lot of fun in playing all the songs I can play now with the app and the beginner songbook. Hopefully soon I can post a video before I move to Grade 2.

13 Likes

Hey Bart, welcome to the community! OMC made a huge difference to me. For me once I learned my first song all the way through it went from being a chore to being fun. Look forward to hearing more from you

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Bart

1 Like

Welkom Bart, from another Belgian! Have fun following Justin’s lessons. Just make sure you’re not rushing things. Better take your time to build a strong foundation than realising afterwards you didn’t take enough time to ingrain everything (5 weeks to finish grade 1 is pretty quick if you had no prior experience - but then again, it also depends on the time dedicated to playing, of corse).

1 Like

Hi Bart
Welcome! Nice to meet you :smiley:
Looking forward to hearing more from you and seeing your video (when you’re ready)
Wishing you much fun on your guitar journey :smiling_face: :guitar: :sunflower:

1 Like

Welcome to the community! Enjoy all the rewards it can bring and has brung to me and many others!

1 Like

Welcome onboard Bart & seasons greetings.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Bart ,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
And it’s a good idea to include that video…(even if it is only for yourself), because it mercilessly shows where your areas for improvement lie and accelerates your learning process in an incredibly positive way after the first shock :smile: (That’s how it went for me…and even when I think “I know that song” on the first recording, usually on my looper, I get scared and quickly continue practicing with healthy courage and strength :laughing: )
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Bart, good luck with your guitar learning journey. Best wishes Alan

1 Like

Hi Bart, welcome to the group. :wave:

R

1 Like

Welcome Bart, look forward to the video.

1 Like

Welcome to the fray! What is the best Belgium beer in your opinion? Orval looks like something that I might want to try and try cloning sometime. It leans toward being a pale ale, which is in my wheelhouse. Cheers!

1 Like

Hello CT!
Best Belgium beer is kind of different for everyone. Colors and tastes you know. :wink:
But I’m also a big fan of Orval! Other ones I like are La Trappe, Westmalle and Triple Karmeliet.

1 Like

Hello Bart :smiley:

A very warm welcome to the community!
You really made some great progress already. It had taken me much longer to pass Grade 1 :grin:

Have lots of fun on your musical journey :guitar:

Greetings from the neighbourhood (Germany)

Gunhild :lady_beetle:

1 Like

Hello Bart, welcome to the community forum. If you spend a lot of time having fun playing grade 1 songs, then you will be able to consolidate all the skills you have recently learned.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our community Bart. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Bart, welcome. Good you’re spending some time reviewing some of the skills learnt on Grade 1and having fun playing songs. Have a lot of fun playing your guitars.

1 Like

hi from Westerlo (BE), Bart. Cool to see other Belgians here.

Hello Bart, from a french neighbour,

Welkom bij deze prachtige gemeenschap!

Hello Bart.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning: