Hello from Copenhagen!

Good to see you here Jesper

1 Like

Hi Jesper, welcome to the community!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Jesper.

That’s a pretty quick period to get through the first two grades (IMHO), I trust you have applied everything you have learnt and learnt lots of songs in the process.

:sunglasses:

Hi Jesper,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Feel free to look ahead to some lessons further in the course, but don’t forget to consolidate grades 1 and 2, otherwise you will have to look back a lot at lessons later on, just like me , to find out where I missed/forget some…kuch…thing :roll_eyes:
Greetings,Rogier

Welcome to the Group Jesper, :wave:

R

1 Like

Hej Jesper- from one (half-)Dane to another :grinning:
Hope you have a great guitar journey

1 Like

Hi Jesper,
Welcome to the community and enjoy.
A

1 Like

Yes, there are quite a few Nielsens here :slight_smile:

Grade 1 was mainly repetition of things I sort-of remembered, so that took only a couple of weeks. I spend considerably longer on Grade 2, and I am still consolidating while “dipping my toes” in Grade 3. I try to get 1-2 hours of practice in every day.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice - I am still consolidating and working on the stuff from grades 1 and 2. So my progress with grade 3 will be quite slow.

1 Like

Hello Jesper and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

What guitar did you get?

Got this beautiful blue BMG (Brian May Guitars) Blue Special and Blackstar HT5R-ii tube amp. The guitar is a production model copy of Brian May’s Red Special. It has the acoustic chambers in the body and the 3 series-coupled Burns Tri-sonic single-coil pickups with the clever switching matrix, where the individual pickups can be flipped in/out of phase.

The amp has several “beginner-friendly” functions, that are not-so-common on tube amps: 0.5 Watt setting, headphone out, line-in, USB audio out etc. It has the versatility of a modelling amp, but is a proper tube amp. And I found a mint copy second hand at a very good price :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks good Jesper and the amp sounds pretty neat as well.

Welcome Jesper! Glad you’re finding your feet working through the lessons.

Sounds like you’re making some lightening fast progress. Though I’ve (still!) not done it myself yet others seem to have gotten a lot of benefit from sharing clips of themselves playing on the forum under AVOYP. It’s a great way of getting some pointers that might be harder to pick up alone. There’s a special thread beginners still in grades 1, 2 & 3. Beginner's safe space - #708 by SgtColon

1 Like

Working my way towards it :slight_smile:

Yes, it really does. And i can practice distorted power-chords at low volume. This palm-muting stuff is challenging! I am working (at half speed) on Basket Case by Green Day. Getting the feel, flow and rythm right with the palm muting is really hard! But I get gradually better, so there is still hope…

Hi Jesper, welcome. Good you got serious about learning guitar and found Justin Guitar to help you with that. Good also that you’re consolidating previous grades while at the same time exploring the next one. One ability that is important to develop is being able to self assess progress and adjust the practice routines as needed. Have fun.

Hi Jesper, welcome to the community. There are a lot of things to learn in Grade 3 while you review and consolidate skills and songs from grades 1 and 2. Have fun learning new songs with your new guitar and amp.

Thanks! And sorry for the late reply :slight_smile:

Thanks! Yes, I fins it very motivating to dip into new territory while consolidaing and revisiting previous lessons.

1 Like