Hello from Dave in St. Lucia

I’h retired. Started learnung guitar when I was a young 64. I had several setbacks and decided NOW to finally learn,at 69 yrs old.
I started at the beginning as a refresher. I needed to improve certain aspects. Like, thumb placement on left hand, thr use of a thumb pick, for fingerstyle and learning tempo, foot tapping. A lot to cover but I have kots of time.

11 Likes

Welcome Dave. I think it’s a common story of one or more attempts to learn to play before it finally happens, certainly was for me

Have been to St Lucia, it’s a beautiful place :star_struck:

Welcome to the forum David

Welcome aboard, David! :smiley:

I wish you lots of fun on your guitar journey. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the community Gary! It’s a great way to spend a retirement. :sunglasses:

Hi Dave
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

Hi Dave, welcome to the community forum. I started Justin’s course again at the age of 66 and others here in the community have started later. St. Lucia sounds like a nice place to spend retirement and a good place to play your guitar. Have fun.

Hello Dave & Welcome!!!

Have fun picking up the guitar again & good luck!!!

Tod from New Mexico USA

Hi Dave
Welcome to the community forum :smiling_face:

Hey Dave, welcome to the community. Keep having fun!

Welcome Dave, what ever your age starting at ground zero and working up again is always the best path to take. Wise decision, just take your time and enjoy the ride.
:sunglasses:

Hello Dave, and a warm welcome to the community :hugs:! It’s a very friendly and helpful place :star_struck:.
St. Lucia - oh, it’s been a long time that I visited this island. It is such a beautiful place :smiling_face:.

Hello Dave. Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning: