Hello from Kathi in Long Island NY

I played piano from grade school to high school. Started guitar about 30 years later. I love it. Worked with Justin Guitar, my first real teacher up to grade 5. He’s the best. I currently have a personal instructor who has helped rid my fear of chords and I’m becoming better each day using the caged system. Rhythm guitar is no longer an obstacle. I’m excited to learn new things on this amazing instrument.
I love classic rock and Blues. I’m enrolled in the 1st BLIM course and it’s comprehensive and fun.
Some of my fav players are:
Jimi Hendrix
John Mayer
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Buddy Guy
T-Bone Walker

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum Kathi

1 Like

Hello Kathi & Welcome!!!

Hope you have a Blast with the Blues Immersion course! Enjoy the ride!!!

Tod

1 Like

Welcome Kathi from a fellow Blimmer. Enjoy the ride its going to be a fun 6 months !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome Kathi!

1 Like

Hi Kathi,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Kathi! :smiley:

Wish you loads of fun on the BLIM-journey! :slight_smile:

Hey Kathi, that’s awesome, welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Welcome to the community Kathi!

1 Like

Hi Kathi, welcome to the community forum. Enjoy your BLIM experience.

1 Like

@jaziey
Welcome Awesome good another Long Islander. I have been playing for three years. This has been a great place to learn. Definitely check out the open mics.

Nice to meet you Jason from LI.

Hi Kathi. Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning: