Hello from Kim in Denmark

Welcome aboard, Kim :smiley:
I come from 8 generations of fat-fingered farmers from Denmark, so happy to have company!

Tag det roligt, for helvede!
You’re going to burn out before the month is out :rofl:
Nice to see your enthusiasm.

2 Likes

Thnx a lot Brian, and likewise!. Nice to know other farmers are here! The tough dudes :wink:

Dang it, you should have told me some hours earlier. I subscribed today for a year of theory . Nailed the 1st with 100% in first try. :slight_smile:
Oh, yeah…and a year of song tabs also. Now no turning back. :rofl:

I do have to be careful though, as the skin on my left hands index and middle are close to break. So it will be a couple of days with theory and looking for songs I like and figure out what chords and chords changes I have to put extra effort into.
Luv the crisp sound of the acoustic guitar, so I have taken the advice from Nitsuj, to be careful not to break the skin. :slight_smile:

I have wanted a guitar for more than 20 years, and no I am not trying to catch up… :rofl:
I just enjoy it so much. I even have to hold myself back… :rofl:

Those crazy Danes…
PS, month nearly done…not possible… :wink:

2 Likes

Haha… not quite :wink:
We sold the family farm in Lundby when Dad died 40 years ago. All his kids became soft middle-class white-collar workers (or soft spouses in my case :rofl:)
Enjoy the theory course. I find it more rewarding for appreciation/understanding of music rather than helping play the guitar specifically. It’s a bit like learning another language :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Kim, welcome. It’s good you’re taking advantage of the lessons as they are to learn the basics right. You’ll later be able to focus in the kind of sound and repertoire you want to develop.

2 Likes

Kim, Welcome to the community forum. When you mentioned Erik Satie Gymnopedies, I remember hearing a modern version of that on a track on A Blood, Sweat and Tears album (verified in YouTube). That lead me to a classical rendition in YouTube : Gymnopédie no. 1 by Erik Satie - YouTube. When you play that you will be accomplished on the guitar.

I enjoy fingerstyle also and learned it early in my guitar journey. Justin introduces some examples in later lessons. You mentioned that you don’t use your mobile phone much and preferred other sources of lessons. I pay for the app to support Justin, but I tend to use the lessons and song lesson videos on the website. I am currently working on the fingerstyle version on Yesterday from Justins song lesson video. That exposes my weakness in my F chord when you have to lift your index finger to play a note and then return the finger to play the next note.

I look forward to hearing you as you progress in your guitar journey.

2 Likes

Thnx Steve. - I am already looking for a way to record myself. I want it as a horrible memory, for some time out in the future. Maybe as an alarm clock sound :rofl:
I have a UT channel and also my own website. Just need to record and upload, when I am not tooo shy :wink: but I will soon contribute to the AVOYP or what it was called. soon… very soon :rofl: :joy:

Yes, when you can play Gymnopedie on guitar, you are pretty solid :wink: Adam there does really a good job.

Yesterday, ok, I have to look that one up and save for later, its a grade 3 song, so I guess, you can’t be that bad … I try a little “House of the Rising Sun” There F is my pain… :slight_smile: but I cheat a little with the F, and only play string 1, 2, 3 and 4. :wink: - The full F I can get almost clean in 1 out of 100… :rofl: :joy:

Seem there is many who actually are really into fingerstyle also. It’s really cool. Such big variety of people here, playing style, ideas, how they use the music, the community etc…so beautiful.

I have made a direct donation and then subscribed to both the theory and tabs music. I will support this project as much as I can, as I also have other projects I support, that kind of have similar way of thinking, that if we all shared and helped each other, no one in the world would ever miss anything and we could have such a wonderful world. Sharing is caring and copyright is an idea that came from a very selfish greedy confused person. :wink: The insane copyright idea have already gone way too far decades ago, so it will eventually crumble and I gladly help a little :wink:

It’s a great place here and so many awesome people. I feel very humble and honoured to be here. It’s really cool

2 Likes

Just looked at the “Yesterday”- It’s an F sharp minor… looks even more difficult than the F I use in “House of the rising sun”. ---- “Yesterday” is out in the future for me, thats for sure… lol

2 Likes

Hello Kim. Great to have you here with us on this Guitar journey. Coincidently I’m married to Dane, also born in 1966 and also a musician (Trombone and Piano). It really is a small world :slightly_smiling_face: Cheers, Dale

2 Likes

Thnx for the welcome :pray: It is indeed a very small world :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome :hugs:. Wish you a very happy guitar learning!

2 Likes

Kim,

Correction. I was working on 2 songs and I meant to say that I had issues with my F chord while playing the finger-style lesson on Greensleeves in Module 16 in Grade 3. If you are starting Grade 2, you will enjoy the finger-style lessons in Module 11 and the simple finger-style arrangement of the Happy Birthday song.

2 Likes

Holy cow. I didn’t say hello properly in your intro topuc.
I am putting that right now.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

With all the help I have gotten from you already @Richard_close2u , you certainly have said hello in a most amazing way :+1: :sunglasses: :nerd_face: :joy: :star_struck: - But thnx a lot :heart: :pray:

1 Like