Hello from Nancy in Scotland - I've finally stopped procrastinating!

Very cool. It was a sad day for me when he passed away.

2 Likes

Hi Nancy
Happy early retirement! That’s a beautiful retirement gift from your husband!! :heart_eyes:
(GAS is definitely real :grin: )

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the welcome and the encouragement :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks Jax :smiley:, I was like a kid in a sweet shop the day I went to try it out I’d never even held an electric guitar and it’s so different from an acoustic, big learning curve ahead :laughing:

3 Likes

Welcome to guitar town! I was gonna stop procrastinating but I decided to put it off for another day… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks Clint that made me laugh out loud​:rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Welcome and great story of course! :smiley:
now GET TO THE PRACTICE :wink:

3 Likes

Hi Nancy and welcome to the community.

2 Likes

Welcome Nancy! Loved reading your story, you have fantastic taste in music! :metal::star_struck: Good luck with your first AVOYP, I am working on one of those myself and finding the process very worthwhile… really highlights what I need to work on! :confounded: :joy:

2 Likes

Hi Nancy, welcome. Good you started to learn to play guitar instead of keep thinking in doing it. For your playing and singing you have to your advantage that you know how to sing, instead of learning both a the same time. When you feel fluent playing a song with the guitar you can try adding the lyrics while trying to keep the rhythm and chord changes in the right place. Don’t expect to nail it at first try. Both parts will fall in place with practice.

2 Likes

Hello Nancy from Kev here at Newcastle australia. Welcome to retirement. I,m 67 and been retired for only 6 months. My music history. Involved in a fun ukelelle group for last 4 years and don’t find them individual and always wanted to be able to play a couple of songs around a camp fire——- I’ll supply the drinks to make me sound better———- so a guitar from ALDIs and looked for the right coUrse and found Justine , so for only a short time my long learning curve has started. Cheers Kev

1 Like

I struggle with that F chord and Barring stuff.

1 Like

Thanks Lieven

On it - I promise! :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks Peter :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome Nancy.

Nice back story and some great artists mentioned and for someone in their mid 60s all recognizable but good to see Maiden and Whitesnake on the list ! Taking up guitar combined with early retirement is a great plan - I kicked started my stop start guitar journey with Justin when I pulled the plug at 55 ! As you mentioned Tull, I just have to add my mantra “you’re never too old to rock n roll”. Just enjoy the journey and watch out for that GAS ! Nice collection you have but I am sure it could expand.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just had a system prompt to try responding to several posts at the same time so here goes, hopefully I don’t miss anyone :pensive:

@nzmetal
Thanks for the welcome Jeff

That’s good to hear I’ll look forward to watching/hearing it when it’s ready :grinning:

@dobleA

Good advice Andres I’ll definitely take it on board, thanks for the welcome :smile:

@Kevandoli

That sounds cool and you made me laugh with your comment about supplying the drinks, bet they’re not needed though, enjoy your guitar journey Kevin :smiley:

I’ve just started the F barre chord and it’s just as well that there’s a lot posted about it and everyone seems to be in the same boat or I’d have sold my guitars I’m struggling big time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@TheMadman_tobyjenner
Thanks for the welcome Toby

I don’t think I could have even considered retiring if I hadn’t decided to take up guitar boredom and I don’t mix well!

[/quote]

And definitely too young to die :laughing:

I’ll let you into a secret I’ve already started looking at acoustics online - after all Christmas is coming :wink:

4 Likes

classic :rofl:
:+1:

2 Likes

Welcome Nancy. You have some nice looking guitars and I think there are a lot of people like you, me included, who wait years before starting to learn guitar. Enjoy the journey.

2 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome Trevor it’s much appreciated :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome to the community Nancy! Nice looking guitars! Happy retirement! I also started learning to play when I retired. Enjoy!

1 Like