Hello, I'm Pamela from New York!

Hello Pamela and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

I’d say get the electric, it brings another avenue for you to explore on your guitar adventure.

1 Like

Hello Pamela…welcome…now it’s you- the guitar- the video lessons and the Community…and we’re all noisy and joyful…you’re in good company! :innocent::blush::innocent:
So nice you can share your guitar journey with your family :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hi Pamela - that’s great to hear you’d been playing with your son and husband. Recently my partner and I have also started playing together for the first time too - it’s great fun. Have you thought about trying a looper as a jamming buddy for when your family are not available?

1 Like

Welcome Pamela!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

1 Like

Yes! I have one- I cannot get the hang of it - one my son is home after the spring term ends- I am going to have him help me. I tried it on a grateful dead tune (freind of the devil) but just cannot seem to pull it off…

1 Like

I hear you. The first time using mine I thought my head was going to implode - my hands, feet and brain couldn’t hold it all together! But, it did slowly get better. I found just a few short generic bars initially was plenty to practice playing over and practice getting the start and stop of overdubs.

1 Like

Hi Pamela, welcome. Good the guitar and you crossed paths again. Have fun.

1 Like

Pamela, welcome to the community forum. Have fun playing the acoustic, but consider an electric if you have a strong interest in playing electric and your budget permits.

1 Like

Hello Pamela.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community. I’m catching up on a large number of Introductory posts so I’m arriving late to the hello and welcome party.

The Community and website are large. If you need any help with a lesson specific question or with any general guitar learning question then do not hesitate to ask. There are many good folk here who will happily offer help and encouragement to those coming up behind them on Justin’s Beginner Courses. They embody and carry the pay-it-forward ethos we have nurtured for many years in our community. There are many old hands too who have years and (hopefully) a bit of wisdom they can bring as they give their support to those hitting the road blocks - which we all do.
Just ask if you need anything.
Cheers :slight_smile:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Community Moderator.

Welcome to the group