Hello from Ronnie, a Scotsman living in France

Hi everyone. Just introducing myself. I live in France but am a proud Scotsman who only took up the guitar seriously 5 years ago with the discovery of Justin Guitar. His teaching method is very structured and fits well being an engineer. I felt that the Theory course would be fundamental to my guitar playing and so it proved and significantly added to my enjoyment, understanding and enthusiasm for learning playing the guitar. I eventually covered his blues and jazz courses and working on my own chord/melody interpretations of jazz standards. Definitely not the polished article but a great level of satisfaction when you discover an extended chord to work on your version.
Enough of my rabbiting on, I just wanted to praise Justin for his enthusiasm and to give to others a little bit of my contentment in playing the guitar. It is never to late to start. I am now nearly 75 years young.
Ronnie

14 Likes

Ronnie @RonnieJ
Welcome to the community :+1:

As you say you are never too old to start :guitar::notes:

Michael

1 Like

Hello Ronnie,
Welcome and I wish you a lot of fun , :sunglasses:
You have had an impressive journey on paper :smiley:… now on video with sound :smile:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hey Ronnie, welcome to the community, great to hear from you.

1 Like

Welcome Ronnie, McD from Stirling here and loving this community :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hello Ronnie… Welcome to the community :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Ronnie.

1 Like

‘Ronnie the Scott’ playing jazz? :thinking:
Got a ring to it…
You should open a club :wink:

Excuse the poor puns and welcome to the community :smiley:

3 Likes

Welcome Ronnie, look forward to hearing/seeing you play :v:

1 Like

Welcome Ronnie.

As I always say never too old to rock n roll. Good to see some more folk from France appearing here, we are a rare beast. So Hi from Normandie. :wave:

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome, @RonnieJ !

Welcome Ronnie, from a fellow engineer! We’ve got an Old Dogs thread, too if you’re interested.

1 Like

Hello Ronnie and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Quite a few older dogs here. I’m not as old as some but still class myself as old.

1 Like

Hey, welcome! Glad you’re here. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Ronnie, welcome. I like to listen Jazz, but I am not into playing it yet.

1 Like

Hi Ronnie, welcome to the community forum.

1 Like

Welcome to the community Ronnie. Great to have you here.

1 Like

Hi Ronnie, welcome to the community. :slight_smile: