Hello from Scotland

Hi folks,

My name is Gary, I’m 31 and have been ‘playing’ since I was maybe 16?

Playing effectively meant picking up the guitar learning a riff or two and then putting it down for months or years at a time because I was always too busy with uni or work so I havent really progressed at all with the exception my hands are quite comfortable with the chords and jumping between them.

My guitar was in a pretty sorry state recently so I decided to get it repaired, tuned up and actually give learning the instrument a proper go instead of learning a couple of tabs.

Everything theory related so far has been pretty interesting and has made a few things click with some of the songs I have down already so looking forward to learning more and hopefully get myself to a stage where I can comfortably jam with a few friends.

Best of luck with it guys!

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum Gary. You story is a common one here. You’ve come to the right place

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Gary! :smiley:

I wish you lots of fun on your guitar journey. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the community Gary!

Hi Gary,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

Hi Gary, welcome to the community forum. Your story is a lot like mine, except mine is twice the number of years before I got serious leaning guitar. If you follow Justin’s course from the beginning, keep a record of your progress, but also spend about half your time playing songs, learning some tab or whatever is fun and you will make progress this time around.

Hello Gary & Welcome!!!
Good luck with your journey!!!

Tod

Hi Gary
Welcome to the community forum :smiling_face: :sunflower:

Hey Gary, welcome to the community. Hang in there and start learning songs songs songs, the reward is very cool!!!

Welcome to the forum Gary, you’re whistling a tune that will be familiar with lots of folk here.
Structured learning with Justin is the way to go. So dig in and shout up if you get any queries.
:sunglasses:

Hello Gary, so nice to have you here :hugs:.
If you want to learn to play guitar seriously, you’re in the right place. Justin will take you by the hand and lead you from step to step. And in case you have any question, this Forum is the perfect place to ask :slightly_smiling_face:.
I wish you lots of fun with your six-string-friend :smiley::guitar:!

Hi Gary. Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning:

Welcome, Gary. I believe you’ve come to the right place. Enjoy the journey.