Hello from William in Wigan, UK

Hi there
I always said to myself “I wish I could play guitar”. So at the tender age of 69 I bought my first guitar teaching book. I then decided that it didn’t go as far as I wanted to go so I bought Justin’s beginner course book and song book in August 2023. 11 months later I can play decent renditions of Free Fallin’ by Tom Petty and A Horse with No Name by America and currently working on Old Man, I saw Her Standing There, I Walk The Line and That’s Alright. I’ve now started learning a little music theory and tinkling the ivories on a cheapo piano keyboard! It has all been great for me and have discovered that I’m more interested in music and learning than I thought I was! Sometimes I’ve found it tough and frustrating but what I do know is that the secret is to keep going. All best, William

12 Likes

welcome :slight_smile:

Welcome William @wbd1955! You’re in good company here. Hope to see you around!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum William

1 Like

Welcome aboard William.
There’s a good chance Keith Richards has multiple offspring here in the community :rofl:
Hope you enjoy the journey :smiley:

6 Likes

:rofl: :guitar: good one!

1 Like

Welcome onboard William, you found a good place to hang. We have few Keiths but not sure if there are any Keefs !

1 Like

Welcome William! :smiley:

Welcome to the community, great to hear of your progress

1 Like

Welcome aboard, yes indeed there are ups and downs but what really helps me is seeing that when I’m stressed about something, it’s far from unusual. It seems almost everyone on this forum has had very similar experiences and struggled with very similar things. So don’t be afraid to share your thoughts. There’s always people who’ve been there before to offer support and kind words

1 Like

Welcome William, enjoy the journey. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi William,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings, Rogier

1 Like

HI William
Welcome to the community :smiley: :guitar: :sunflower:

Hi and welcome

1 Like

Welcome to the community William. You have a lot of great new ‘neighbors’! :grin:

Welcome aboard, William :hugs:.

1 Like

Hi William, welcome to the community forum. I’ll be 69 later this year and finishing up 2 years learning with Justin Guitar. There are a lot of great song tutorials on the website for most of the songs in the songbook and I have enjoyed playing along with all of them. Have fun as you learn to play new songs.

Hi Steve and thanks for your kind words. Glad to hear you are enjoying playing along and hope you have a great guitar journey :+1::guitar:

1 Like

Hello William
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning: