Hells Bells | AC/DC

Here it is, my first VOYP. It’s a short edit of Hells Bells, a song I’ve been practicing a lot lately because it’s a good workout for my pinky finger. Usually I try to avoid using my little finger wherever I can because it lacks the strength of my third finger. It does make the chord transitions easier in this song - especially in the intro riff and the C5 - G/B - A5 walkdown - so I think it’s a good exercise.

I hope you enjoy it and please let me know what you think!

12 Likes

Sounds great :+1: hearing the big riffs of AC/DC always makes me yearn for a leccy. Keep rockin’ Jeff :v:

1 Like

One of my favorite AC/DC songs, excellent work!

1 Like

Good stuff Jeff, congrats on your first AVoYP. Liked the tone you had and yes that was quite as pinky workout!

Couldn’t help thinking that you looked a bit cramped in that chair. I got the feeling the chair arms were preventing you from moving more freely. A chair with no arms is much better.

1 Like

Absolutely. Unfortunately I’m playing in a small room that serves as an office, a play corner for the little girls and a home recording studio. The chair is comfy for work, but not at all for playing. I’m 6.3 ft tall so that doesn’t help either. Moving the recording area is definitely the best option, just need to convince the Mrs. :sweat_smile:

Hi Jeff,
Your first is cool :sunglasses: :partying_face: :clap:
Nice sound too…
Now go talk to your wife with your sweetest face and voice :grin:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Sounding good! :metal:

1 Like

Sounded great Jeff. Love the tone and it did look like a great work out for you little finger.

1 Like

Super stuff Jeff. Congrats on your first VOYP. That does look like a great exercise.

1 Like

Excellent job. In my mind one of the all time great rock and roll songs from one of my all time favourite rock and roll albums. Hearing this always makes me want to go and re-watch the movie Maximum Overdrive :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounding good n’ grimy with added snarl there Jeff! Loving it! Keep the dirt a comin’!! :metal:
Great job on your first AVOYP, can’t wait for more! :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Great tone, nice playing, and good on you for doing a video!

1 Like

Hi Jeff,

Awesome tone.

Very nicely played. Can’t beat some Acca Dacca

“Moving the recording area is definitely the best option, just need to convince the Mrs. :sweat_smile:

Good luck with that. Took me 23 years and my daughter buying her own house. :slight_smile:

Digger

1 Like