Help me choose my next bit of gear - pedals?

Ok, so I figured out what I’m going to do. Thanks so much everyone for your input @Rossco01 @Richard_close2u @Majik @RobDickinson @jsgreen

Figured out that my amp will let me record but ONLY via USB and not through my interface. Subpar. But the LT25 does sound pretty good.

I decided to go the amp replacement route and pick an amp that has line out, headphones support, and multifx built in. That way I can use the same configs wherever I am, and also record through my interface.

The vouchers I have are eBay ones. A lot of music stores here sell on eBay. Unfortunately no katana 100s for sale, decided on a Fender GTX50 with its pedals instead. Has some very good reviews. As a bonus has a built in looper.

Strangely enough this setup costs less than the software + pedals setup I was looking at before!

1 Like

Interesting that looks a good choice

Hopefully it will be… cheaper than the Yamaha THR30 too

Cool, still considering options, so many of them!

I recently purchased the GTX 100. basical the same as the GTX 50 except for more watts and included footswitch. I like it alot and with the footswitch you get a basic looper function. the cost of the gtx 100 is almost the same as the gtx 50 and adding on the footswitch.

I have done the complete opposite of a lot of people, I used to be very big on plugins while playing at home but I got tired of having to adjust everything on the computer (even with MIDI control), the fragility of everything, etc. I got a Headrush MX5 a few months ago and hands down - for me - it has been the best gear purchase I have made in a long time. Everything just works, not too crazy amount of stuff so I spend less time messing around trying to find a sound, and almost everything is controllable by my feet.

2 Likes

@jkahn An old thread but was recently resurrected - I’m curious if ever got the GTX250 and how you’re getting along with it?

1 Like

Yep, I got a GTX50 with GTX7 foot switch a few months ago. Shortly after that post… It’s really, really good. Makes me wonder why they’re not more popular, I got a lightly used one from a local guys selling one on ebay. It’s so loud for home I usually play it on the lowest output volume, makes me wonder how people can even play 100 watt amps at home.

More amp models built in than you can shake a stick at, sounds amazing. I have it permanently hooked up to my Scarlett so late at night I play it with volume off and headsphone via the scarlett, I won’t run through all its features as there are online reviews that do that pretty well, but enough to say I have zero purchase regret.

2 Likes

Most probably don’t JK. A lot of the 100w modelling amps have an attenuator to reduce the power. I’m not sure I’ve ever played by Boss Katana 100W with the 100W setting turned on…mmmm maybe I should try it! (I think I’d have to dust it off first as I rarely use an amp nowadays).

Great! The modelling world is here to stay - I only ever use my Fractal FM3 these days. It’s not an amp, just a modeller - I just use headphones most of the time. Only limitation is that it only has 3 footswitches, but for a living room guitar player that’s fine!

That’s probably it, I see pics of people with huge amps at home on reddit/instagram.

I reckon you’ve got to crank the amp up at least once, try it! :grinning: Check noise control laws in your area first :joy:

1 Like

I think I’ve read a bit about that one, supposed to be really good. The sound of your recordings would attest to that as well :smiley:

1 Like

And open all the windows or at least have your glazier on speed dual.:metal:

2 Likes