Hi Everyone, I'm Diane from massachusetts usa

Hi I’m Diane , from USA, I started playing for the first time 2020 in my 60’s. Never played an
instrument. So It was quite an eye opener for me. Just learning on line, and so happy to find Justin Guitar and am so excited, to finally get to a point that my husband actually said… hey that sounded good… lol. Look forward to hearing from all of you and sharing information about learning guitar, its not always easy but it is so rewarding.

12 Likes

Welcome to the community Diane.

Music is the best gift you can give yourself.

2 Likes

That’s awesome, Diane. :slight_smile:

Agreed. And not just to yourself; you get to share it with others. It’s like magic. People you’ve never even met experience and share in the feelings and emotions and ideas that you express through your music. Hard to beat! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s super. My wife has often said she’s so glad I picked up the guitar (ten years ago at the age of 53). It’s introduced us to so many people and experiences we wouldn’t have had otherwise. I had no idea when I started how rewarding it would be.

2 Likes

Hi Diane great to have you here, I hope we get to hear you playing too at some point in the future so we can try to beat your husband in terms of encouragement :laughing: all the best.

1 Like

Welcome Diane, I’m happy you’ve found Justin and this community. It must have been a buzz when your husband joined your fan club. When are you going to expand your fan base by sharing a video with us?

This is where you post you video.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community and the adventure that is learning to play, Diane. Sounds like you are well on the way and look forward to joining your Fan Club.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the community Diane. Check this topic too for some brilliant inspiration. :slight_smile: Older guitar students / Can 'old dogs' learn new tricks?

1 Like

Hello and welcome Diane. :slight_smile:

That first time you get a recognisable tune from your instrument is wonderful and it just keeps on giving after that.

1 Like

Oh I don’t know lol :rofl: someday. Performance anxiety.

1 Like

Hi Diane, a very welcome to the community. I am also new here and I won’t be exaggerating to say, the people here are very kind and very helpful. I wish you all the best!

1 Like

Everyone experiences that. Please don’t be shy about posting recordings. Check out that section of the community: all levels are welcome, and you’d be hard pressed to find a more receptive and positive audience than here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Diane and welcome. Well if you have learned one thing its that quote above. Boy ain’t that the truth. Good to have you here. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It gets easier Diane, it really does. It might help to know that we all experience it, every one of us, so we know how it feels. We are an understanding audience who want you to succeed and progress, and you’ll be encouraged and supported, so what have you got to lose?

1 Like

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. One of these days I promise to post a video.

2 Likes

Hi Diane! I am also in Massachusetts and started learning last year in my late 40s. I have found the lessons on here to be really great for me and have really enjoyed the process of seeing myself improve, slowly but surely. -Erika

1 Like

Hi Diane from Massachusetts. I am a fellow MA guitar player. Hope you and your husband are growing in the music knowledge and experience.

Hi Diane, welcome to the community forum. It is understandable to be nervous about posting a video of you playing. I didn’t get up the nerve to post anything until I was in Grade 2. It is still a good idea to video your playing for yourself, so you can look at and evaluate your progress.

When you finally decide to post a video, you might want to look at the Beginner’s Safe Space in the Audio-Video of You Playing section of Community Recordings. That is where I posted a video the first time. FYI - I purchased a cheap plastic tripod online to hold up my phone which helped me make my first recording.

Welcome! One of several from Massachusetts lately!