Hi from Nina in North West of England

Welcome to the forum Nina

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Nina :slightly_smiling_face: This is a great place with lots of helpful people.

Of course you will learn :slightly_smiling_face: It’s just a matter of your fingers, hands and arms learning something new :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Nina and welcome to the forum :wave::smiley: All the best with your journey! Just keep picking up your guitar everyday and rest will pretty much take care of itself, you’ll be making good progress in no time :sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

Hi and welcome! Used to be NW England myself but left…! :smiley:

Learning takes time and effort, people always feel like their hands are holding them back, in general thats not true though so dont sweat it.

2 Likes

Welcome Nina, Welcome to the group. :wave:

R.

2 Likes

Hi Nina,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
and I hope never to have to use your professional knowledge but only talk to you a lot about guitar :smiley:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Hi Nina :wave: welcome among us…,a lot of new tricks you’ll learn…age is just a number here! A couple of months ago I learnt a Slovenian Melody on my Classical Guitar, Vsi so venci vejli…such a sweet little thing! I just couldn’t help playing it over and over again! :heart_eyes::blush: But I couldn’t find the lyrics on the Internet…what is it about?

2 Likes

Hi Nina, welcome! Hope you are enjoying life in the UK :slight_smile:
Old dogs definitely can learn new tricks, especially with JustinGuitar :wink: Have alot of fun!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, Nina!

Some short fingered person here, too! It will work out, I promise. :smiley: Have lots of fun and enjoy the journey, it will be rewarding! :slight_smile:

Cheers - Lisa

2 Likes

Hi Nina, and a warm welcome to the community :hugs:.
With Justin you’ve found a fantastic teacher and this community is the perfect place if you need some help, feedback, or motivating words :smiley:.
I wish you lots of fun along your guitar journey :guitar::slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Welcome Nina, enjoy your time here. Many knowledgeable people here who help us all along!

2 Likes

Hi, Silvia!

I’m glad you like the song. It’s a sad song about a girl watering a wreath with her tears, so her’s is green while all the others are whittered and if her tears were to fall on a rock, it would crack open into two or three shards.
I have no idea why she’s so sad.

I can try and translate it for you?

Nina

2 Likes

found the original and translated lyrics :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Nina, welcome to the community. short hands, large hands, they all fit the guitar, just takes time to adjust. Keep at it, you’ll not regret it.

2 Likes

Hi Nina, Welcome to the community.
I worked as a Vet Tech here in Canada for 36 years, retiring last December. I picked up the guitar June 2022 and yes, it is definitely a great distraction from work. I wish you a wonderful guitar journey.

2 Likes

Nina, welcome to the community. Guitar is a great distraction from the cares of work and a great form of relaxation. I am one of the short fingered guitar players on the site and an old dog as well. You can look ahead to the discussion section for Grade 1, Module 4, Beginner Finger Stretches lesson on the website and you will find an extensive list of tips for guitar players with short fingers and tips for placing your fingers on the frets of your guitar. Have fun as you learn new skills and new songs in each module.

2 Likes

That is soo beautiful!! :heart_eyes: It’s not that sad after all, I find it quite powerful! Now I understand why this melody is so appealing to me :heart_eyes:
Many thanks for replying and the translation and meaning of the lyrics! Now when I’ll play it again it’ll feel somehow different I think :blush::heart_eyes::blush:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to our community Nina. :slight_smile:

Surely being in your 50s is the best time to learn. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Nina, welcome. Good you found the guitar as a pastime to enjoy and keep your mind busy with something different than your everyday work. You’ll learn how to stretch your fingers and fret those chords without harmful strain. I few people here have ended using a reduced size guitar, often a 3/4 guitar, but I think it’s best to try with the full size guitar and trying to develop the ability of the hand to stretch before looking for other options.

1 Like

Welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community. Speaking of old dogs …

I’m arriving late to your hello party, If you need any help with a lesson specific question or with any general guitar learning question then do not hesitate to ask. There are many good folk here who will happily offer help and encouragement to those coming up behind them on Justin’s Beginner Courses. They embody and carry the pay-it-forward ethos we have nurtured for many years in our community. There are many old hands too who have years and (hopefully) a bit of wisdom they can bring as they give their support to those hitting the road blocks - which we all do.
Just ask if you need anything.
Cheers :slight_smile:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Community Moderator.