Hi from Steve in New Jersey

Hi. My name is Steve and I live in Haddonfield NJ, a small town in Southern NJ, about 30 minutes from Philadelphia.
I bought my first guitar in the mid seventies when I lived in Southern California. It’s a Lyle which I still have. Lyle guitars were manufactured in Japan in the 60’s and 70’s at their Matsumoku factory and they were involved in a lawsuit for copying Gibson’s headstock. (Google Lyle guitars for more info if interested) Long story made a little shorter, for about $150 I picked up a guitar that sounds and plays a lot better than guitars that cost a lot more that I’ve tried through the years in various guitar stores. I’ve also bought a couple additional guitars through the years.
Since buying the Lyle I’ve only dabbled around at playing guitar. The end of last year I committed to finally getting serious and started looking around the internet for sites that offer guitar lessons and have good reviews. Hard to find. When I found and checked out Justin Guitars I liked his approach and he has some really good reviews from some well known musicians. So I joined.
My main goal is to learn enough so I can pick up a guitar and be able to play well enough that people like to listen and I also get the satisfaction of making good music. Both give me a great feeling. I’ve played trumpet since 3rd grade. Had a band in school. Played in both state and regional concert bands. And enjoy performing music as much as I like listening to it.
In the months I’ve been with JustinGuitar I’ve already improved. I’ve joined Blues Immersion and am eager for the July 1st sessions to start.
Not sure what else to add. I’m looking forward to improving my guitar playing and sharing accomplishments with you all.
Thanks
Steve

13 Likes

Hi Steve,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

Hello Steve & Welcome!

I enjoyed your story, already peeked at some Lyles & am happy to read that Justin is helping you improve!
I’m in a similar boat… long time strummer with a handful (pun intended) of chords & not much improvement for many years until I found Justin Guitar!!! You will probably be surprised at how much terrain you can gain from following the structured program!
Good luck and have fun with Blues Immersion!!!

Tod in New Mexico

P.S. My wife & I love Southern New Jersey - we’ve spent several weekends in Cape May over the last few years when my job took me to the FAA’s Technical Center in Egg Harbor… it’s very pretty there!!!

Welcome to the community, and to BLIM!

Welcome to the forum Steve

Thanks for the welcome. The Jersey shore is a great place. Cape May is one of our favorite locations.

1 Like

And thanks for the welcomes from everyone else.

Hi and welcome :smiley:

Hi Steve, welcome to the community forum. Enjoy the BLIM course and playing blues on your Lyle guitar.

Thanks. I actually have a Fender Tele for the Blues Immersion course.

1 Like

Welcome, Steve, I lived in southern CA in the 80s. I’ve only driven through NJ though. Enjoy the BLIM. Wish I was advance enough to partake, maybe next time. (I sure hope there is one!)

Welcome to the community. Your goal is very similar to mine and I tell you when you get to share your music and others enjoy it, it’s just the most awesome feeling. Look forward to hearing more from you,

Welcome and dig the groove. Well enjoy the ride. !!

Welcome aboard, Steve! :smiley:

Welcome to the forum Steve.
:sunglasses:

Welcome aboard. Arizona here. I have been all up and down the California coast. Northern is my stomping ground and the sierras and Reno/Tahoe

Justin is great. Pratice and play, have fun. I have heard the Lyle guitars have some good sounds depending on what you get. Sounds like you got a good one. Nice shread on bro.

Welcome to the community Steve.

Hello Steve.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning: