Hi, from Stu in the UK

Hi Stuart,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Stuart and welcome.

Just to say if you were not aware the BC book refers to the old course that was rewritten a few years back so will not correlate with the new grade system but its loosely Grade 1 & 2. The old classic course is still available on the site an mirrors the book. But the new grades have more content and some updated teaching methods.

Good to see you playing again.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome Stuart! Justin’s Beginner Coursebook is a great source, although I would highly recommend to use the website to follow the course, as the content has been relaunched and updated. Nevertheless, the books are a great addition. Have fun!
Edit: just saw, the @TheMadman_tobyjenner was faster than me and already answered, while I was typing!

1 Like

https://www.justinguitar.com/classes/beginner-guitar-course-classic

Just in case. :wink:

1 Like

Hello Stuart & Welcome!!!
Have fun re-learning!!!

Tod

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Stuart! :smiley:

Wish you lots of fun on your guitar-journey. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome Stuart

1 Like

Welcome Stuart, don’t be afraid to ask. Someone is always there with advice and it seems everyone has been there before and knows exactly how to help beginners out. Good luck

1 Like

Welcome Stuart

1 Like

Hi Stu, welcome to the forum. I’m in my 13th year of playing guitar, having a ball with it, and the Justin Beginner songbook is what I started with. Look forward to hearing more from you.

1 Like

Hi Stu, I’m in UK too and started years ago with JGs beginner book, and the CD strumming course :rofl: which was brilliant but life happened and I gave up! Fast forward a few years and his website really provides everything you need so have been working with the free stuff. Then bought more books, bought the beginner app when it first came out too so I could properly revisit everything and get all the songs (and pay a bit back) .
Now on the Blues Immersion and am mind blown :anguished: but enjoying my studies.
Good luck on your journey. Little and often is best for your fingers until they’re stronger.

1 Like

Welcome to the community Stu and enjoy th ride :). It will get rough sometimes but don’t give up.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! I’ve not been here that long but it’s pretty clear everyone is going on the journey at their own pace and just enjoying the ride. It makes it a nice place to hang out.

1 Like

Hi Stuart, welcome to the community enjoy the journey and have fun
:+1:

1 Like

Welcome to the community Stu!

1 Like

thanks for letting me know, that probably accounts for some minor differences i’ve seen. can’t believe how my wrist was aching this time around,. lol

1 Like

Thanks for that, yeh he got there first. just about to pick up the guitar on day 2

1 Like

blues immersion is where I’m aiming for once I get going again

Hi Stuart, welcome to the community forum. I learned with the Beginner course book and the classic lessons (when I was learning it was the only lessons), Then I started at the beginning with the new updated lessons. Grades 1 and 2 in the correct website lessons covers all of the classic 9 stages of the beginner course. Grade 3 is now all new lessons. Be patient and practice a little each day and it will eventually get easier and less painful.

1 Like

Hello Stu. Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning: