Hi from Travis - a newbie from Oklahoma

It may seem crazy but I’m new to the guitar at 50 years old. Admittedly, it looked easy and as most of you know it’s not. Friends wanted me to take a shortcut, learn a few songs from an app and be done but this is the place for me.

Justin is great and I’ve re-watched several videos in the first section and I’m seeing progress, although slow.

Thanks to everyone here and I look forward to the journey.

Travis

6 Likes

Hi Travis and a very warm welcome to the forum.
You’re in the right place with the best teacher and a great community.
:slight_smile:
You’re not crazy at 50 … you’re in the prime of life.
Come and meet some other fit and healthy dogs over here: https://community.justinguitar.com/t/older-guitar-students-can-old-dogs-learn-new-tricks/

Welcome to the community Travis

1 Like

Hi Travis and welcome to the Community, lots of “mature” folks here at various levels, so you are in good company and some of them know what they are doing :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello Travis and welcome to the community.

1 Like

Hi Travis!
Welcome to the community. You definitely came to the right place.
I don’t think you’re ever too old to start learning something to be honest so don’t be shy in sharing your progress!
Best of luck on your journey :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome to the community Travis. If you’re crazy wanting to learn to play guitar, you’re in the right place :crazy_face: :laughing:

It’s a good feeling to realise you’re making progress. Here’s a star for you :star2:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, I was born and raised in Kansas, moved to Australia over 40 years ago. I started playing at the age of 53 and ten years later I’m so glad I did. Such fun and so rewarding, a bit of hard work getting started, but for me, once I could play my first song (an easy one) all the way through, that’s all I needed. Justin guitar was a big help for me all along the way.

2 Likes

Hi Travis, welcome to the community. Glad you’re seeing progress with your playing. That’s a great feeling, isn’t it?

1 Like

Warm welcome to the Community, Travis.

As others have said, definitely not crazy to decide to learn to play at 50.

I am also glad you made the decision to learn to play guitar by following Justin’s course, rather than trying to learn to play a few songs. You will learn to play songs as you follow the course (you’ll often hear this mantra popularised by our mod @Richard_close2u’s here: “Learn Songs. Learn Songs. Learn Songs” here).

I think learning to play guitar to play songs is much smarter than learning to play songs on guitar.

1 Like

Another warm welcome, Travis :smiley:

I did take a shortcut.
It really works.
Just click on this link…
Oh right, you’re already here :wink:

1 Like

50? Heck, I think you might be on the young side around here!

Razorback as in Arkansas?

Welcome to the journey. Take your time and celebrate each small victory along the way.

1 Like

Hello and welcome Travis. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Travis, I’m Kurt in NM. I’ve been a beginner for 20 years but hoping the Justin program will be a new door to greater guitar playing and enjoyment.

1 Like

Hi Travis, welcome to the community. I’m 67 and still actively learning new things with Justin’s website and app. You should have many fun years ahead of you as learn guitar.

1 Like