Hi I'm Kstel

Then, with my limited beginner knowledge, I would say it’s a combination of two or maybe three things.

A) Automatize the strumming pattern you are using for a certain song you are practicing. Here using the strumming machine and / or a metronome is usually helpful. Practice the strumming pattern with muted strings at the BPM you need for the song. If the target BPM is too fast, start at a slower BPM and increase the speed after some practice sessions or days. Rinse and repeat until the strumming pattern becomes “second nature”.
B) Analyze which chord changes are particularly difficult in the song you are practicing. Practice these chord changes with one minute changes and Fast Perfect chord changes. Rinse and repeat until you notice the difficult chord change(s) are now easy or at least easy enough.
C) Combine A & B and you will see that coordinating fretting hand and strumming hand should have become easier - a bit at least.

If coordinating the strumming hand and the fretting hand is a problem, then Justin suggests a solution. In many lessons where Justin demonstrates a strum, he starts with muting the strings with the fretting hand and just strumming the pattern without the chords. Then you can focus just on the strumming. That becomes more important as the strumming patterns become more complicated. I still spend a few minutes strumming with muted strings when I learn a new pattern. Then when you can strum the pattern without thinking about it you are ready to strum the pattern while changing chords.

Hello Kstel.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning:

Hi Kstel,

Welcome to the community forum. :grinning: