Hi, I'm Norhan from Egypt

I came across JustinGuitar quite quickly when I decided to start learning guitar, online recommendations. I looked around and started Grade 1 a little over 2 months ago, very happy I did.

Piano and guitar were always my ultimate instrument choices. I chose piano first about 6 years ago for some 4 years, but for a lot of reasons my experience with it was a little tainted, and sort of left me with a little earworm doubting whether I’m doing things right, making things like “trusting the process” very anxiety-inducing to me and trusting my own judgement not really easy. Anyways, loving both instruments, I felt a fresh start would be better than trying piano again at the moment and here I am.

I know I want music in my life, so there’s that. I’m hoping to do things differently enough this time, and I think joining such a supportive community like this is a good part of that. Hope I’ll be able to add something as well.

This is all very cool.

11 Likes

Hi Norhan,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

Welcome to the forum Norhan

Welcome Norhan

lots of different experiences here, lots of answers to get, lots of knowledge shared.

I’m sure you’ll enjoy!

Hello Norhan, welcome to the community :hugs:.
Learning to play an instrument is so valuable. I feel very happy for you for having started a new and exciting musical journey :smiling_face:.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Nohan, jump onboard and enjoy the ride!
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Norhan,

Welcome to the forum. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Super excited!

Welcome aboard, Norhan! :smiley:

Wish you loads of fun on your guitar journey. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the community Norhan, and know that you are not the only one with a voice in your head doubting whether your are doing things right. That’s everyone. You’ll spend a lot of time and burning anxiety fuel doing things wrong - until you start to get them right. Then you’ll move on to something more challenging that you can’t get right - until you do. Remember, if playing guitar (or most any instrument) were easy, everyone would do it.

1 Like

Hi Norhan, welcome to the community forum. I learned piano before I learned guitar. I think any musical knowledge on one instrument helps you with another, like the guitar. Have fun learning guitar the right way with Justin’s lessons and song tutorials.

1 Like

Hey Norhan, welcome to the community. Everyone finds their own motivation, for me it was songs, songs songs. Once I learned to play my first song all the way through I couldn’t wait to start on the next song.

1 Like

Hello Norham.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning: