Hi, Martin from Montreal, Canada

Hi Guitar friends!

I started guitar about 2 years ago (at 52). I started with an app, went on youtube, got a course… I found myself knowing only chords but could not play any songs… I "discovered’ Justin and his way of teaching, his skills as a musician and communicator brought me in! I played trumpet in a marching band for 4 years (a looooong time ago). I just love music, I sing in a choir, and I play a bit more guitar. I am having a lot of fun doing so. I own a yamaha accoustic and a Godin electric. It’s fun to discover so many people having the same passion. Keep on playing!!!

9 Likes

Hi Martin, welcome to the community forum. You have found the right place to correct your “song deficit”. I had the same problem, but Justin’s website and apphas provided the help to learn a lot of songs.

Welcome to the forum Martin from another Canadian

Hi Martin, welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

Hi Martin and welcome to the community. I wish you well on your guitar journey :slightly_smiling_face:

HI Martin
welcome to the community :smiling_face: :sunflower:

Hi Martin,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun and a nice learning curve :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

Welcome to the Justin Guitar Community :kissing_heart::guitar:

Hello Martin.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning: